1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. A person who lives in the dales of Northern England.
12. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Capable of having having clear evidence of eliminated without trace.
17. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
18. Put a new facing on, as of a garment.
20. At full speed.
21. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
22. A city in south central Mexico (southeast of Mexico City) on the edge of central Mexican plateau.
23. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
25. A color varying around light grayish brown.
29. National capital of Kiribati.
32. (Christianity) Saved from the bondage of sin.
36. An Asian river between China and Russia.
37. A sharply directional antenna.
40. A quantity of no importance.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
42. Two items of the same kind.
43. Supply with battlements.
45. In bed.
48. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
49. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
50. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
51. Mexican revolutionary leader (1877-1923).
53. Held in slavery.
56. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
58. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
59. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. Become less tense.
62. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
64. Not normal.
67. God of love and erotic desire.
70. Dutch physicist who first formulated the wave theory of light (1629-1695).
72. The upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk.
74. (British) Your grandmother.
75. American novelist (1909-1955).
76. A crystalline amino acid that occurs in many proteins.
78. The products of human creativity.
79. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
80. The quality of being honest.
81. Being one more than ninety.
1. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
2. Cheese containing a blue mold.
3. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
4. Remove the claws from (a cat).
5. A passageway between buildings or giving access to a basement.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
8. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
9. A master's degree in business.
10. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
11. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
12. By bad luck.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. Be obedient to.
19. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
24. A river in eastern France.
26. A thermionic vacuum tube having three electrodes.
27. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
28. Half the width of an em.
30. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
31. Prolific Flemish baroque painter.
33. Small wildcat of the mountains of Siberia Tibet and Mongolia.
34. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
35. A large commercial and industrial city in northeastern Texas.
38. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
39. The basic unit of money in Suriname.
44. Being in competition.
46. A port in eastern Georgia near the mouth of the Savannah river.
47. The absence of mental stress or anxiety.
52. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
54. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
55. A French abbot.
57. Intelligence derived from the interception and processing and analysis of foreign telemetry.
61. An antianxiety agent (trade name Xanax) of the benzodiazepine class.
63. (anatomy) A fold or wrinkle or crease.
65. The capital and largest city of Norway.
66. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
68. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
69. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
71. An affirmative.
73. A field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock.
77. An associate degree in nursing.