1. An indistinct shapeless form.
5. Be a signal for or a symptom of.
12. Of southern Europe.
15. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
16. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
17. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
18. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
20. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
21. Yielding a fair profit.
23. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
25. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
27. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
30. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
31. A French abbot.
34. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
37. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
39. An associate degree in nursing.
40. Morally bad or wrong.
42. A strong emotion.
43. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
45. Common house and field crickets.
47. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
50. A small island.
52. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
53. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
55. Colorless gas found in natural gas and petroleum.
57. The time at which something begins.
58. A state in New England.
59. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
60. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
63. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
65. A landlocked republic in central Europe.
68. Imperial moths.
72. God of love and erotic desire.
73. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
75. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
76. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
80. Compete for something.
81. (British) Informal term for information.
82. Elder brother of Krishna.
83. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
2. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
3. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
4. Large genus of tropical American vines having showy often spotted umbellate flowers.
5. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
6. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
7. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
8. Humble request for help.
9. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
10. City in central Iran.
11. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
12. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
13. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
14. Especially one side of a leaf.
19. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
22. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
24. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
26. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
28. Line of defense consisting of a barrier of felled or live trees with branches (sharpened or with barbed wire entwined) toward the enemy.
29. A decree that prohibits something.
32. An administrative unit of government.
33. German dramatist and poet who developed a style of epic theater (1898-1956).
35. A Spanish male Gypsy.
36. Work table of a machine tool.
38. Unknown god.
41. Of or relating to the velum.
44. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
46. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
48. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
49. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
51. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
54. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
56. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
61. Occurring at or forming an end or termination.
62. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
64. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
66. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
67. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
69. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
70. English essayist (1775-1834).
71. A person with unusual powers of foresight.
74. (Irish) The sea personified.
77. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
78. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
79. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.