1. 10 grams.
4. Likely but not certain to be or become true or real.
12. Of southern Europe.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. Crowned with or as if with laurel symbolizing victory.
17. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
18. (informal) Of the highest quality.
19. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
20. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
22. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
24. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
25. Painter of the Florentine school.
27. A woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chine.
29. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
30. A bar of sand.
33. A telephone connection.
35. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
36. A mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity.
39. British slang.
43. A thief who steals from someone by threatening violence.
45. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
47. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
48. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
49. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
52. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
53. Suppress or crush completely.
54. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
55. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
61. An unforeseen obstacle.
62. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
65. A Chadic language spoken in the Mandara mountains in Cameroon.
68. (trademark) An antacid.
72. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
75. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
76. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
80. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
81. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
82. (informal) Roused to anger.
1. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
2. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
3. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
4. Easily calmed or pacified.
5. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
6. What is produced in a given time period.
7. The people of Great Britain.
8. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
9. Raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit.
10. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
11. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
12. Jordan's port.
13. Watery fluid of the blood that resembles plasma but contains fibrinogen.
14. A person to whom money is paid.
21. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
23. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
26. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
28. (in Scotland) A child.
31. (of snakes and eels) Naturally footless.
32. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
34. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
37. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
38. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
40. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. The sound of a bell rung slowly to announce a death or a funeral or the end of something v 1.
42. A song that was formerly popular.
44. Divulge information or secrets.
46. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
50. Jordan's port.
51. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
57. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
58. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
59. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
60. Located inward.
63. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
64. A member of a formerly tribal people now living in south central India.
66. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
67. An informal term for a father.
69. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
70. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
73. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
74. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
78. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).