1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. A family of small soft-bodied insects that feed on decaying vegetation.
12. An enclosed space.
15. The habitation of wild animals.
16. A philosopher who specializes in ethics.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
18. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
20. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
21. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
22. (archaic) Relying on medical quackery.
24. Planetarium consisting of an apparatus that illustrates the relative positions and motions of bodies in the solar system by rotation and revolution of balls moved by wheelwork.
26. Tag the base runner to get him out.
29. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
33. A small cloth bag filled with dried beans.
36. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
38. Support column consisting of a steel cylinder filled with concrete.
39. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
40. Jordan's port.
44. Lacking excess flesh.
45. A city in northeastern Ohio.
47. German physicist who studied cathode rays (1862-1947).
48. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
49. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
50. Lower in esteem.
52. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
53. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
56. Regional and archaic.
58. Informal terms for a mother.
60. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
62. (Greek mythology) One of a race of giants having a single eye in the middle of their forehead.
67. The capital and largest city of Liechtenstein.
70. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
71. (Spanish) Saffron-flavored dish made of rice with shellfish and chicken.
73. (botany) Relating to or attached to the axis.
74. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
75. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
77. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
78. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
79. A skullcap worn by religious Jews (especially at prayer).
80. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
1. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
2. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
3. A small piece of anything (especially a piece that has been snipped off).
4. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
5. United States feminist (born in 1934).
6. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
7. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
8. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
9. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
10. Having an oblique or slanted direction.
11. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
12. Possible to sell.
13. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
14. Showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others.
19. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
25. Of or relating to the kidneys.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A river in Germany.
31. Atypically small.
32. The natural satellite of the Earth.
34. An automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger.
35. Genus of Old World tropical herbs.
37. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
42. Serving as or forming a base.
43. Of or relating to or involving an area.
46. Viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal often considered inedible by humans.
51. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
54. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
55. Wool of the alpaca.
57. (usually plural) A destructive action.
59. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
61. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
63. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
64. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
65. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
66. Shout loudly and without restraint.
68. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
69. Vigorous and enthusiastic enjoyment.
72. An advanced law degree.
76. A state in northwestern North America.