1. Inquire about.
4. A metal helmet worn by common soldiers in the 16th century.
12. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. Failing to accomplish an intended result.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
19. Dutch navigator who was the first European to discover Tasmania and New Zealand (1603-1659).
20. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
22. Lower in esteem.
24. Wine and hot water with sugar and lemon juice and nutmeg.
26. Avatar of Vishnu.
27. Strong and sharp.
29. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
31. An ancient country in Asia on the Caspian Sea.
34. Tag the base runner to get him out.
37. The third compartment of the stomach of a ruminant.
41. Large (to 3 feet) blackish yellow-banded South American lizard.
42. The capital of Western Samoa.
44. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
45. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
47. Two items of the same kind.
48. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
49. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
50. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
53. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
54. Treated with oil.
57. A card game for 2 players.
61. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
62. Music composed for dancing the saraband.
65. (Greek mythology) The Muse of astronomy.
69. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
70. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
73. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
74. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
78. The basic unit of money in Albania.
79. A quantity of no importance.
80. A genus of Paridae.
81. The cry made by sheep.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. God of love and erotic desire.
4. Extract of the heartwood of Acacia catechu used for dying and tanning and preserving fishnets and sails.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. A mountainous republic of south-central Europe.
7. (used of persons or the military) Characterized by having or bearing arms.
8. Male red deer.
9. An abnormal passage leading from a suppurating cavity to the body surface.
10. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
11. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
12. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
13. Take by theft.
14. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
21. Relating to or characteristic of Arabs.
23. A variety of mandarin orange.
25. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
28. Tall New Zealand timber tree.
30. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
32. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
33. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
35. (in India and Burma) A member of an armed gang of robbers.
36. (of farmland) Capable of being farmed productively.
38. A person to whom money is paid.
39. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
40. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
43. A genus of Ploceidae.
46. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
51. Lyrebirds and scrubbirds.
52. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
55. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
56. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
58. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
59. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
60. Informal terms for a mother.
63. A city in northern India.
64. An informal term for a father.
66. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
67. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
68. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
71. A healthy capacity for vigorous activity.
72. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
75. Unknown god.
76. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
77. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.