1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
5. A passage selected from a larger work.
12. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
15. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
16. A military unit that is a subdivision of a company.
17. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
18. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
20. The act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat.
22. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
25. Of or relating to or resembling the eye.
27. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
30. A Russian river.
32. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
33. Of female homosexuality.
37. Large American feline resembling a lion.
39. Violent and needless disturbance.
41. Leafless East Indian vine.
42. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
44. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. Administration of a nutritionally adequate solution through a catheter into the vena cava.
47. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
48. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
50. A long Turkish knife with a curved blade having a single edge.
53. Evoke or call forth, with or as if by magic.
56. Presence of abnormally large amounts of uric acid in the urine.
57. A milk substitute containing soybean flour and water.
59. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
60. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
61. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
64. Personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task.
68. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
70. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
73. A large fleet.
75. (physics) Of or pertaining to a meson.
77. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
78. The cry made by sheep.
79. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
81. A light touch or stroke.
82. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
83. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Cataflam).
84. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
4. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
5. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
6. Being ten more than thirty.
7. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
8. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
9. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
10. A river in the east central United States.
11. A state in east central United States.
12. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
14. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
19. An independent state within the British Commonwealth located on the Fiji Islands.
21. (informal) "in the dumps".
23. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
24. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
26. A tight-fitting headdress.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. An isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time.
31. Porridge made of rolled oats.
34. A blind god.
35. Make worse or less effective.
36. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
38. United States labor leader who was the first president of the AFL-CIO (1894-1980).
40. Wind god.
43. Worthless people.
45. New Zealand conifer.
49. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
51. Freetail bats.
52. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
54. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
55. English essayist (1775-1834).
58. Any plant of the genus Kalmia.
62. Of or in or relating to the nose.
63. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
65. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
66. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
67. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
69. An African grass economically important as a cereal grass (yielding white flower of good quality) as well as for forage and hay.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
72. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
74. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
76. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
80. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.