1. A small amount of liquid food.
4. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
12. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
15. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
16. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
17. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
18. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
20. An island in Indonesia in the Malay Archipelago.
21. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. Of surpassing excellence.
23. The habitation of wild animals.
25. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
27. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
29. To put down by force or authority.
33. The content of cognition.
34. Alligator-like reptile of Central and South America having a more heavily armored belly.
36. (psychology) Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
40. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
41. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
44. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
45. Small porous bowl made of bone ash used in assaying to separate precious metals from e.g. lead.
47. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
49. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
50. Large African antelope with long straight nearly upright horns.
51. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
54. Submit or yield to another's wish or opinion.
57. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
59. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
63. A milkshake made with malt powder.
67. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
71. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
75. (British) Informal term for information.
76. Without a lip or lips.
78. Extremely pleasing.
79. Late time of life.
80. (combining form) Having stories as indicated.
81. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
1. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
2. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
3. The noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash adv.
4. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
5. Talking idly or incoherently.
6. An associate degree in nursing.
7. Not reflecting light.
8. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
9. Costing 10 dollars.
10. Lacking gonads.
11. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
12. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
13. (neurology) Of or relating to the vagus nerve.
14. Jordan's port.
19. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
24. At full speed.
26. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
28. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
30. A city in south central Belgium situated on a promontory between the Meuse River and the Sambre River.
31. Someone who rejects the established culture.
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
35. To fix or set securely or deeply.
37. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
38. Of or in or relating to the nose.
39. (informal) Slang terms for a paunch.
42. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
43. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
46. Marked by strict and particular and complete accordance with fact.
48. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
52. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
53. A resident of Iowa.
55. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
56. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
58. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
60. Sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat) section or component of something.
61. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
62. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
64. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
65. The habitation of wild animals.
66. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
68. A Berber living in northern Morocco.
69. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
70. A small cake leavened with yeast.
72. Type genus of the Suidae.
73. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
74. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
77. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.