1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. Relating to the abomasum (the fourth compartment of the stomach of ruminants).
12. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
15. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
16. Capital and largest city of Botswana in the extreme southeast.
17. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
18. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
20. An honorary arts degree.
21. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
22. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
23. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
26. The Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds).
28. The forest trees growing in a country or region.
30. The sixth month of the civil year.
31. Broken into sharp pieces.
35. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
38. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
41. Any taillike structure.
42. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
44. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
46. Two-masted sailing vessel square-rigged on both masts.
47. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
48. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
50. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
51. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
54. A steep descent of the water of a river.
56. A state in east central United States.
57. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
59. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
62. An eight-sided polygon.
65. An island state in the West Indies in the southeastern Caribbean Sea.
68. (formerly) A mound earth inside a fort from which heavy gun can be fired over the parapet.
70. Having a small pointed chin beard.
71. English essayist (1775-1834).
72. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
74. An Italian woman of rank.
75. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
78. Dignified manner or conduct.
79. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
80. The science of mountains.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. An active volcano in southeastern Colombia in the Andes.
2. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
3. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
4. Gone by.
5. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
6. A Russian river.
7. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
8. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
9. Given to or marked by the consumption of alcohol.
10. Italian Benedictine monk who was archbishop of Canterbury from 1093 to 1109.
11. Having leadership guidance.
12. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
13. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. An atom or molecule or radical or ion that forms a complex around a central atom.
24. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
25. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
27. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. British informal term.
32. A violent throw.
33. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
34. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
36. A genus of Mustelidae.
37. Chief port of Yemen.
39. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
40. Type genus of the Amiidae.
43. A social unit living together.
45. (trademark) Nylon fabric used as a fastening.
49. Preventing movement.
52. Jordan's port.
53. Distinctly separate from the first.
55. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
58. An artificial language related to Ido.
60. Place in a grave or tomb.
61. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
63. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
64. One (as a judge) who examines and settles a case.
66. The brightest star in Cygnus.
67. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
69. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
73. Two items of the same kind.
76. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
77. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.