1. A shape that sags.
4. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
12. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
15. A unit of pressure.
16. Wearing livery.
17. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
18. Oblong cream puff.
20. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
21. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
22. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
23. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
24. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
31. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
32. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
35. Used of gloves, socks, etc..
37. A lace used for fastening shoes.
40. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
44. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
45. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
48. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
50. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
53. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
54. Greek mythology.
55. Affect with wonder.
56. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
57. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
59. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
61. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
63. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
65. A bay on the Mediterranean Sea in northern Egypt.
68. Periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles.
70. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
74. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
75. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
77. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
78. The cry made by sheep.
79. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
81. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
82. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
83. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
84. Seed of a pea plant.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
3. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
4. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. The eleventh month of the civil year.
7. Stone crabs.
8. Any of various plants of the genus Aralia.
9. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
10. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
11. Make editorial changes (in a text).
12. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
13. Order by virtue of superior authority.
14. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
19. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
25. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
27. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
29. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
30. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
33. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
34. Any spherical or nearly spherical bacteria.
36. The square of a body of any size of type.
38. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
39. A bottle with a stopper.
41. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
42. A public square with room for pedestrians.
43. (from a combination of MOdulate and DEModulate) Electronic equipment consisting of a device used to connect computers by a telephone line.
46. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
47. A large fleet.
49. A state in northwestern North America.
51. Something transitory.
52. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
58. A derogatory term used by Jews to refer to non-Jewish women.
60. Hairy aromatic perennial herb having whorls of small white purple-spotted flowers in a terminal spike.
62. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
64. All the plant life in a particular region.
66. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
67. Deeply moved.
69. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
71. An inhabitant of Lappland.
72. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
73. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
80. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).