1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. The second largest of Jupiter's satellites.
12. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
15. A boy or man.
16. Cosmopolitan genus of ferns.
17. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
19. Past times remembered with nostalgia.
20. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
21. Any of numerous tropical or subtropical American plants of the genus Verbena grown for their showy spikes of variously colored flowers.
23. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
24. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
26. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
29. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
30. Grind together, of teeth.
33. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
34. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
36. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
39. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. Wood of a larch tree.
45. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
46. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
48. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. An audiotape recording of sound.
52. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
54. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
57. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
60. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
61. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
62. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
65. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
68. An elaborate song for solo voice.
71. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
75. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
77. A woman gossip.
79. A doctor's degree in education.
80. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
81. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
83. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
84. A Loloish language.
85. Hard fiber used in making coarse twine.
86. (British) Your grandmother.
1. Speaking a Slavic language.
2. Very light colored.
3. The sixth month of the civil year.
4. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
5. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
6. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
7. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
8. Attach a yoke or harness to, as of a draft animal.
9. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
10. A large cask especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 butts or 252 gals.
11. A sign of something about to happen.
12. Small branch or division of a branch.
13. Of or relating to or involving an area.
14. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
22. Serving as or forming a base.
25. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
27. An immunosuppressive drug (trade name Imuran) used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ.
28. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
31. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
32. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
35. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
37. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
38. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
40. Of or relating to the feet.
41. Affect with wonder.
42. A milky exudate from certain plants that coagulates on exposure to air.
47. The capital of Moldova.
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
53. An associate degree in nursing.
55. Being nine more than ninety.
56. Being three more than fifty.
58. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
64. Bringing death.
66. Largest known toad species.
67. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
69. An investment trust that owns and manages a pool of commercial properties and mortgages and other real estate asssets.
70. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
72. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
73. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
74. Chief port of Yemen.
76. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
82. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.