1. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
4. An orchid of the genus Liparis having few leaves and usually fairly small yellow-green or dull purple flowers in terminal racemes.
11. (boxing) A blow with the fist.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Reprehensible acquisitiveness.
17. Chief port of Yemen.
18. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
19. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
20. Anything that provides inspiration for later work.
21. Building material used as siding or roofing.
23. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
25. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
29. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
31. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
38. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
42. A small foothold used in climbing.
44. The longest division of geological time.
46. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
48. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
49. A state in east central United States.
51. (dialect) A short straight stick of wood.
52. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
54. A farewell remark.
57. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
59. Large snake mackerel with rings like spectacles around its eyes.
60. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
63. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
67. Tag the base runner to get him out.
68. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
72. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
73. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
74. The bone in the ankle that articulates with the leg bones to form the ankle joint.
75. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
76. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
77. A great raja.
78. A light touch or stroke.
1. A large number or amount.
2. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. Filled with a great quantity.
5. Being one more than three.
6. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
7. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
8. Ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside).
9. Water frozen in the solid state.
10. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
11. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
12. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
13. Any of numerous flowerless and seedless vascular plants having true roots from a rhizome and fronds that uncurl upward.
14. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
22. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
24. Be in accord.
26. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
27. Having or revealing supreme mastery or skill.
28. Become imbued.
30. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
32. A town in northern France on the Strait of Dover that serves as a ferry port to England.
33. One of the inherent cognitive or perceptual powers of the mind.
37. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in Washington and British Columbia.
39. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
40. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
41. A relation that provides the foundation for something.
43. Old World woody vines.
45. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
47. Boxcar with latticed sides.
50. The content of cognition.
53. (Judaism) A period of seven days of mourning after the death of close relative.
55. A severe shortage (especially a shortage of food).
56. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
58. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
61. A fraudulent business scheme.
62. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
64. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
65. God of love and erotic desire.
66. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
69. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. British dominion over India (1757-1947).