1. A preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing.
4. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
12. A unit of pain intensity.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bavaria or its people.
17. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
18. A German city near Leipzig.
20. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
21. Adult female chicken.
22. God of love and erotic desire.
23. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
25. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
28. A lump of hard consolidated mineral matter.
30. Adornment consisting of a small piece of shiny material used to decorate clothing.
33. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
37. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
38. A French abbot.
41. A quantity of no importance.
42. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
46. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
47. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
49. (plural) Hosts or armies.
51. Changed for the worse in health or fitness.
53. A tax on various goods brought into a town.
54. One species.
55. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
57. A three-tone Chadic language.
58. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
60. A small cake leavened with yeast.
61. A machine or person that adds.
64. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
66. Wearing or provided with clothing.
70. The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
73. A public promotion of some product or service.
74. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
75. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
76. Capital and largest city of Yugoslavia.
79. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
80. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
81. New Guinea echidnas.
82. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
1. An awkward stupid person.
2. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
3. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (trade name Nardil) used to treat clinical depression.
6. The eleventh month of the civil year.
7. Genus of large deciduous nut-bearing trees.
8. Using speech rather than writing.
9. An African river.
10. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
11. Used of a single unit or thing.
12. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. A Russian river.
19. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
24. Similar or related in quality or character.
26. Gone by.
27. Appear again.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A low-lying region of west central France on the Bay of Biscay.
32. Physically and mentally fatigued.
34. City in northeast Pakistan.
35. A person responsible for the editorial aspects of publication.
36. Leaf fibers of the raffia palm tree.
39. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
40. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
43. (of speed) Having or caused by speed approximately equal to that of sound in air at sea level.
44. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
45. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
48. Give a description of.
50. Fastened together.
52. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
56. A port city in southwestern Iran.
59. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
62. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
63. The face of a timepiece.
65. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
67. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
68. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
69. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
71. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
72. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
77. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
78. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.