1. Go "ding dong", like a bell.
5. A loose cloak with a hood.
12. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
15. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
16. Trade name for an antiemetic drug that has a mint flavor.
17. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
18. A warning against certain acts.
20. A smile expressing smugness or scorn instead of pleasure.
21. An argument opposed to a proposal.
22. At full speed.
24. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
26. Not in accordance with the fact or reality or actuality.
28. Pass by, as of time.
29. The compass point midway between south and west.
32. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
41. Severe hypoxia.
44. A landlocked republic in central Europe.
45. Extracted from a source of supply as of minerals from the earth.
48. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
49. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
53. The capital and largest city of Japan.
54. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
56. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
57. Soft suede glove leather from goatskin.
59. In addition.
61. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
69. A cavity in the mesoderm of an embryo that gives rise in humans to the pleural cavity and pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity.
72. Wife of Balder.
73. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
74. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
76. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
77. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
78. A great raja.
79. The residue that remains when something is burned.
1. Coffee with the caffeine removed.
2. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
3. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
4. A laminated metamorphic rock similar to granite.
5. Of the blackest black.
6. The square of a body of any size of type.
7. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
8. Your general store of remembered information.
9. An elaborate song for solo voice.
10. A building where prostitutes are available.
11. Any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water.
12. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
13. Metal shackles.
14. An Italian poet famous for `The Divine Comedy'--a journey through hell and purgatory and paradise guided by Virgil and his idealized Beatrice (1265-1321).
19. Again but in a new or different way.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
27. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
30. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
31. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
33. Native to Egypt but cultivated widely for its aromatic seeds and the oil from them used medicinally and as a flavoring in cookery.
34. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. Jordan's port.
39. A shoulder firearm with a long barrel and a rifled bore.
40. Indigo bush.
42. Abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eyes.
43. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
46. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
47. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
50. Type genus of the Lycaenidae.
51. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
52. All the plant and animal life of a particular region.
55. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
58. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
60. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
62. In bed.
63. A sudden short attack.
64. (Roman mythology) God of love.
65. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
66. Type genus of the Anatidae.
67. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
70. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
71. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
75. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.