1. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
4. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
11. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. Type genus of the family Elephantidae.
17. Largest known toad species.
18. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
19. (New Testament) One of the three sages from the east who came bearing gifts for the infant Jesus.
20. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
21. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. Full of flavor.
25. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
26. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
29. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. An expression of greeting.
32. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
34. Of a strong pink to yellowish-pink color n 1.
36. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
38. Give a description of.
40. A state in northwestern North America.
41. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
44. Make amends for.
45. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
49. A writing implement with a point from which ink flows.
51. Creation that is created again or anew.
54. Web-footed diving seabirds of northern seas.
56. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
57. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
59. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
61. American novelist (1909-1955).
64. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
67. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
70. A genus of Ploceidae.
72. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
74. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
75. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
76. Any of various slender filaments that function as roots in mosses and ferns and fungi etc.
80. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
81. Shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist.
82. By bad luck.
83. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
84. Having a pattern of dots.
85. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Bar temporarily.
4. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
7. Struck with fear, dread, or consternation.
8. A boy or man.
9. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
10. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
11. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
12. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
13. A midday meal.
14. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
22. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
24. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
27. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
28. A card game in which each player is dealt 6 cards and discards one or two to make up the crib.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Used by northerners of Confederate soldiers.
35. Lower in esteem.
37. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
39. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
42. Air moving (sometimes with considerable force) from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure.
43. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
46. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
47. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
48. Jordan's port.
50. A bachelor's degree in religion.
52. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
53. Used in combination to denote the middle.
55. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
58. French novelist.
60. Type and sole genus of the family Albulidae.
62. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
63. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
65. American Revolutionary leader and signer of the Declaration of Independence (1731-1814).
66. A light semitransparent fabric.
68. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
69. Squash bugs.
71. Weapons considered collectively.
73. A fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed.
77. An accidental happening.
78. A doctor's degree in education.
79. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.