1. British dominion over India (1757-1947).
4. A fibrous amphibole.
12. A trivial lie.
15. Being one more than two.
16. Marrow squash plant whose fruit are eaten when small.
17. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
18. A severe or trying experience.
19. A fabric woven with fibers from the flax plant.
20. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
21. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
22. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
24. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
26. African antelopes.
28. The Fate who determines the length of the thread of life.
29. A state in north central United States.
31. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
33. Czechoslovakian religious reformer who anticipated the Reformation.
35. Jordan's port.
38. Suggestive of the supernatural.
41. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
43. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
45. Flemish painter who was a founder of the Flemish school of painting and to have pioneered modern techniques of oil painting (1390-1441).
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. Before noon.
49. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
50. A city in central Georgia southeast of Atlanta.
53. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
56. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
59. Small voraciously carnivorous freshwater fishes of South America that attack and destroy living animals.
62. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
67. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
68. American filmmaker and comic actor (1935- ).
71. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
72. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
73. Type genus of the Coerebidae.
75. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
76. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
77. Widely separated especially in space.
78. Inflammation of the urethra of unknown cause.
1. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
2. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
3. Port city in western Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea.
4. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
5. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
6. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
7. Enthusiastic approval.
8. A Dardic language spoken in northern Kashmir.
9. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
10. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
11. Open and genuine.
12. The month following January and preceding March.
13. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
14. A city in northwestern Turkey.
23. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
25. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
27. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
30. A clay pipe with a short stem.
32. Any of a group of viruses containing DNA in an icosahedral protein shell and causing disease in dogs and cattle.
34. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
36. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
37. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
39. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
40. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
42. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
44. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
47. Scar where the umbilical cord was attached.
51. A genus of Ploceidae.
52. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
54. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
55. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
57. Small room on a ship or boat where people sleep.
58. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
60. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
61. Type genus of the Ranidae.
63. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
64. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
65. Affected manners intended to impress others.
66. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
69. The basic unit of money in Romania.
70. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
74. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.