1. A young woman making her debut into society.
4. Durable fragrant wood.
12. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
15. The month following March and preceding May.
16. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
17. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
18. Horizontal beam used as a finishing piece over a door or window.
20. The greatest possible degree of something.
21. (British) Your grandmother.
22. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
25. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
27. A Loloish language.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
36. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
38. (of exocrine glands) Producing a secretion in which part of the secreting cell is released with the secretion.
41. Any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water.
43. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
44. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
45. Male red deer.
46. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
52. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
55. (Irish) Ancient Irish god (probably a god of the sun).
56. United States assassin of President John F. Kennedy (1939-1963).
58. Call forth.
62. Chinese ephedra yielding ephedrine.
66. Squash bugs.
67. Cause to lose one's nerve.
70. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
71. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
72. French explorer who claimed Louisiana for France (1643-1687).
74. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
75. Inquire about.
76. (of time) Having passed or slipped by.
77. Capital and largest city of Italy.
1. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
2. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
3. (Norse mythology) God of poetry and music.
4. Of or relating to or forming or attached to a skeleton.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. A state in the western United States.
7. Indigo bush.
8. Similar or related in quality or character.
9. Avatar of Vishnu.
10. The birds of a particular region or period.
11. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
12. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
13. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
14. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
19. An informal term for a father.
23. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
24. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
26. A shade of brown with a tinge of red.
28. Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
30. Having or provided with a belt.
32. The father of your father or mother.
33. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
34. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
35. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
37. Jordan's port.
39. A place of worship that has its own altar.
40. A quantity of no importance.
42. (of reproduction) Not involving the fusion of male and female gametes reproduction".
47. A person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems.
50. Made clean.
51. A Scottish word.
53. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
54. A port city in southwestern Croatia on the Adriatic.
57. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
59. A large stringed instrument.
60. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
61. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
63. Type genus of the Anatidae.
64. One who works hard at boring tasks.
65. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
68. A period of time spent sleeping.
69. A master's degree in library science.
73. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.