1. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
4. Free somebody (from an erroneous belief).
12. An enclosed space.
15. An accountant certified by the state.
16. Wealth as evidenced by sumptuous living.
17. Gone by.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
19. Emphasizing the organic or functional relation between parts and the whole.
20. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
21. (informal) Exceptionally good.
23. Formally making a person known to another or to the public.
25. Liquid excretory product.
28. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
30. A region in northmost Europe inhabited by Lapps.
33. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
36. The capital of Western Samoa.
37. Characteristic of false pride.
40. Offering fun and gaiety.
42. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
44. Of or in or relating to the nose.
45. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
50. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
52. (neurology) Of or relating to the vagus nerve.
54. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
55. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
58. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
62. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
66. A speedy red or red-and-tan American hound.
68. A fee charged for a vessel to use a dock.
70. Relating to or occurring or living in or frequenting the open ocean.
72. The fifth month of the civil year.
73. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
74. Capable of being isolated or disjoined.
77. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
78. A very small circular shape.
79. The process of exposing to air (so as to purify).
80. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
3. God of death.
4. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
5. A corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public.
6. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
7. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
8. (superlative of `good') Having the most positive qualities.
9. Lacking pathways.
10. A descendent or heir.
11. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
12. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
13. American novelist (1909-1955).
14. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
22. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
24. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
26. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
27. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. Great coolness and composure under strain.
32. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
34. A cloth having a crisscross design.
35. A city in the Saxony region of Germany on the Saale River.
38. (Akkadian) God ruling with his consort Ereshkigal the world of the dead.
39. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
41. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
43. A state in midwestern United States.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
51. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
53. A stroke of luck.
56. Evergreen or deciduous shrubs or small trees of United States to Antilles and eastern Asia to the Himalaya.
57. Be fully aware or cognizant of.
59. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
60. Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
61. Decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior.
63. A row of unravelled stitches.
64. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
65. A pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished.
67. (prefix) Outside or outer.
69. The capital and largest city of Norway.
71. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
75. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
76. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).