1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
9. Belonging to some prior time.
13. An enclosed space.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
18. United States actor (born in Ireland).
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
22. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
23. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
24. Large genus of largely terrestrial orchids with one or a few plicate leaves and slender spikes or tiny mostly green flowers.
26. Found along western Atlantic coast.
29. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
31. Type genus of the Amiidae.
33. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
35. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
36. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
42. COmmon Business Oriented Language.
46. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
48. A member of a Dravidian people living on the southwestern coast of India.
49. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
50. Related on the mother's side.
51. A hard smooth ivory colored dentine that makes up most of the tusks of elephants and walruses.
53. A genus of Lamnidae.
55. The mother of your father or mother.
56. Remaining after all deductions.
57. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
60. A swift whirling motion (usually of a missile).
61. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
62. Very close in friendship or affection.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
66. Of or relating to the diet.
69. A short trip that is taken in the performance of a necessary task or mission.
72. An associate degree in nursing.
73. Being one more than fifty.
74. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
75. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
77. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
84. A fine-grained unstratified accumulation of clay and silt deposited by the wind.
87. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
89. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
90. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
91. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
92. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
94. A motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame.
96. A small island.
97. (Irish) The sea personified.
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
100. The month following August and preceding October.
1. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
2. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
3. The skin that covers the top of the head.
4. (biology) Nearest to or facing toward the axis of an organ or organism.
5. Grandson of Amaterasu and first ruler of Japan.
6. A small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Phoenix.
7. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
8. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
9. A European river.
10. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
11. Language of the people of Cebu in the Philippines.
12. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
13. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
14. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
25. A framework that supports climbing plants.
27. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. New information about specific and timely events.
30. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
32. A state in New England.
34. Something of sentimental value.
37. Using speech rather than writing.
38. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
39. A person who eats human flesh.
40. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
41. A unit of radiation exposure.
43. Absorbent paper used to dry ink.
44. A sizeable hole (usually in the ground).
45. Relating to or characteristic of the state or people of Alaska.
47. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
52. Saudi Arabian minister of petroleum who was a central figure in the creation of OPEC (born in 1930).
54. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
58. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
59. A Mid-Atlantic state.
63. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
67. The oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.
68. Diffusion of molecules through a semipermeable membrane from a place of higher concentration to a place of lower concentration until the concentration on both sides is equal.
69. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
70. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
71. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
76. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
77. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
78. The back side of the neck.
79. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
80. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
82. Of or relating to near the ear.
83. (Greek mythology) Winged goddess of victory.
85. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
86. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
88. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
89. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
93. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
95. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.