1. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
4. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
8. A branch of the Tai languages.
12. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
16. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
17. (Babylonian) Goddess of healing and consort of Ninurta.
18. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
19. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
20. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
21. One of a family of granular intrusive rocks.
23. A studio especially for an artist or designer.
24. Consisting of or made of cedar.
26. A member of a Mayan people of north central Guatemala.
27. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
29. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
30. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
32. The southern part of the ancient Palestine succeeding the kingdom of Judah.
34. (New Testament) One of the three sages from the east who came bearing gifts for the infant Jesus.
41. The eleventh month of the civil year.
42. Being five more than one hundred.
46. French chemist (born in Poland) who won two Nobel Prizes.
48. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
49. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
50. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
52. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
53. A member of the Dravidian people living in the Nilgiri hills in southern India.
54. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
57. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
59. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
60. Humorously sarcastic or mocking.
62. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
63. A human female who does housework.
64. A picturesque mountainous province of western Austria.
68. Being one more than fifty.
69. Having been taken into the mouth for consumption.
70. (informal) Of the highest quality.
74. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
75. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
77. At or constituting a border or edge.
79. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
84. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
87. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
89. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
91. An island northwest of Wales.
92. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
93. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
95. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
96. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
97. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
98. A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion.
99. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
100. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Device for converting sound waves into electrical energy.
3. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
4. Infringe on the rights of.
5. A landlocked republic in central Africa.
6. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
7. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
8. A copy of a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together).
9. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
10. Not only so, but.
11. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
12. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
13. English essayist (1775-1834).
14. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
15. Female equine animal.
22. Annul by recalling or rescinding.
25. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
31. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
33. Genus of perennial rhizomatous herb of southern and southeastern United States.
35. Related on the father's side.
36. Someone who sets snares for birds or small animals.
37. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
38. Hair resembling thatched roofing material.
39. A mountain peak in south central Sri Lanka (7,360 feet high).
40. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
43. A Loloish language.
44. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
45. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
47. A written document describing the findings of some individual or group.
51. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
55. English writer of stories for children (1882-1956).
56. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
58. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
61. Of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind.
65. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
66. Suggestive of the supernatural.
67. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
71. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
72. The intended recipient of a message.
73. A cavity in the mesoderm of an embryo that gives rise in humans to the pleural cavity and pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity.
74. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
76. Squash bugs.
78. The 3rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
79. A state in midwestern United States.
80. The compass point that is one point north of northwest.
81. Flat and uninspiring.
82. Especially one side of a leaf.
83. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
85. A town in north central Oklahoma.
86. Not widely known.
88. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
89. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
90. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
94. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.