1. An audiotape recording of sound.
4. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
9. One thousandth of a second.
13. Inquire about.
16. The capital and largest city of Japan.
17. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
18. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
21. Russian pancake of buckwheat flour and yeast.
22. A roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector.
23. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
24. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
26. Capable of resuming original shape after stretching or compression.
28. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
29. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
30. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
33. A sudden short attack.
40. Photographic equipment consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other.
45. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
47. Someone who gets in (to a party) without an invitation or without paying.
49. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
50. The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
52. Inability to stand due to muscular incoordination.
54. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
55. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
56. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
58. A three-year law degree.
59. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
60. Tadpole-shaped parasitic larva of a trematode worm.
62. A large and hurried swallow.
65. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
66. A town in northern Egypt.
68. An associate degree in nursing.
69. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
70. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
72. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
73. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
80. A decree that prohibits something.
81. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
86. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
89. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
90. A festival featuring African-American culture.
92. English educator who invented a system of phonetic shorthand (1813-1897).
94. Having leadership guidance.
95. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
96. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
98. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
99. God of the underworld.
100. Of or relating to or involving an area.
101. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
102. Legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity.
1. Relieve from military service.
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. A yellow quartz.
4. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
5. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
6. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
7. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
8. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
9. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
10. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
11. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
12. The lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. The act of scanning.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
25. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
27. The fifth day of the week.
29. Large family of bark-boring or wood-boring short-beaked beetles.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
34. (of molten metal or glass) Formed by pouring or pressing into a mold n 1.
35. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
36. Small genus of Asiatic herbs.
37. A bicycle with two sets of pedals and two seats.
38. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
39. Disinclined to work or exertion.
41. The academic world.
42. Ancient Persian god of light and truth.
43. A computerized data system to provide brokers with price quotations for securities traded over the counter.
44. A city of central China.
48. Relating to or near the radius.
51. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
53. First in order of importance.
57. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
61. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
63. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
64. Struck with fear, dread, or consternation.
67. The basic unit of money in Guatemala.
71. A member of a Hindu people descended from Brahmins and Rajputs who live in Nepal.
74. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
76. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
77. A form of Japanese poetry.
78. God of wealth and love.
79. Before noon.
82. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
83. A reason for wanting something done.
84. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
85. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. An informal term for a father.
88. Again but in a new or different way.
91. The waging of armed conflict against an enemy.
93. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
97. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.