1. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
4. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
9. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
13. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
17. Squash bugs.
18. A member of the North American Indian people of Arizona and adjacent Mexico and California.
19. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
20. The site of an archeological exploration.
21. Pig iron containing manganese.
23. In operation or operational.
24. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
25. A fraudulent business scheme.
27. A deep bow.
29. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
31. Minute single-celled green freshwater organism having a single flagella.
33. Waterproof hip boots (sometimes extending to the chest) worn by anglers.
35. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. A state in the western United States.
40. Used in former classifications to include all ratite bird orders.
43. The capital and largest city of Japan.
47. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
49. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
50. The state that precedes vomiting.
52. In a competent capable manner.
54. Adopted in order to deceive.
56. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
57. Type genus of the Gavidae.
60. The person or thing rejected or set aside as inferior in quality.
62. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
63. A strong emotion.
64. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
65. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
67. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
69. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
73. A form of address for a man.
74. A public promotion of some product or service.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
82. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
84. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
87. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
91. No longer in existence.
93. Of or relating to the lips of the mouth.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. Type genus of the Apidae.
97. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
99. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
100. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
101. A composition written in metrical feet forming rhythmical lines.
102. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
103. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
104. A three-year law degree.
105. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. The probability of a specified outcome.
2. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
3. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
4. An associate degree in applied science.
5. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
6. The amount a salary is increased.
7. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
8. A garment (coat or sweater) that has raglan sleeves.
9. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
10. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
11. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
12. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
13. Cast again, in a different role.
14. Heal or recover.
15. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. Of or relating to mucous membranes.
28. God of death.
30. Having a melody (as distinguished from recitative).
32. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
34. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
36. A person who makes measurements.
41. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
42. Large-holed Swiss cheese.
44. United States diplomat who (as Secretary of State) pursued a policy of opposition to the USSR by providing aid to American allies (1888-1959).
45. A state in midwestern United States.
46. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
48. A language of Australian aborigines.
51. The square of a body of any size of type.
53. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
55. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
58. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
59. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
61. Pertaining to the forward part of a vessel.
66. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
68. A Hindu sect worshiping Shakti.
69. An associate degree in applied science.
70. Made smaller or less by melting or erosion or vaporization.
71. A Hindu prince or king in India.
72. The act of punishing.
75. An uproarious party.
78. An associate degree in nursing.
79. French composer noted for his experimentalism and rejection of romanticism (1866-1925).
80. Enthusiastic approval.
81. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
83. A collection of things (goods or works of art etc.) for public display.
85. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
86. Very dark black.
88. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
89. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
90. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
92. An accountant certified by the state.
94. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
98. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).