1. Singing jazz.
5. Sleep in a convenient place.
9. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
13. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
16. Cheeselike food made of curdled soybean milk.
17. South African prelate and leader of the antiapartheid struggle (born in 1931).
18. Rounded like an egg.
19. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. Of or relating to near the ear.
21. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
22. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
23. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
24. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
26. Genus of South African or Asiatic herbs.
29. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
30. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
31. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
33. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
35. (Greek mythology) A river in Hades.
38. Great coolness and composure under strain.
42. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
46. The British system of withholding tax.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
49. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
51. Austrian painter influenced by art nouveau (1862-1918).
53. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
54. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
57. A European river.
58. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
61. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
63. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
64. The branch of mechanics concerned with the forces that cause motions of bodies.
65. Soft leather shoe.
67. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
68. The part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled.
71. The capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa.
72. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
73. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
75. New Guinea echidnas.
77. A telephone connection.
80. The longest division of geological time.
81. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
82. Any customary and rightful perquisite appropriate to your station in life.
85. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
88. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
92. (informal) Exceptionally good.
93. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
96. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
97. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
98. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
100. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
102. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
103. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
104. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
105. The basic unit of money in Uruguay.
106. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. A gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck).
2. Ratio of the adjacent to the opposite side.
3. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
4. Perennial herb of the eastern United States having arrowhead-shaped leaves and an elongate pointed spathe and green berries.
5. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
6. Money paid out.
7. A tall tower that forms the superstructure of a building (usually a church or temple) and that tapers to a point at the top.
8. At an earlier place.
9. A slow pace of running.
10. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
11. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
25. A state in northwestern North America.
27. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
28. A member of any of about two dozen Native American peoples called pueblos by the Spanish because they live in villages built of adobe and rock.
32. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
34. Thickly covered with ingrained dirt or soot.
36. A fellow female member of a youth gang.
37. A naturally occurring weak estrogenic hormone secreted by the mammalian ovary.
39. Tall fan palm of Africa and India and Malaysia yielding a hard wood and sweet sap that is a source of palm wine and sugar.
40. An essential amino acid found in proteins.
41. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
43. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
48. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
50. Having two horns or horn-shaped parts.
52. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
55. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
56. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
59. Lively and spirited.
60. The square of a body of any size of type.
62. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
66. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
69. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
70. Tropical Asian starlings.
74. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
76. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
77. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
78. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
79. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
83. A person who is the victim of ridicule or exploitation by some hostile person or influence.
84. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
86. Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge.
87. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
90. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
91. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
94. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
95. The habitation of wild animals.
99. A public promotion of some product or service.
101. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.