1. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
4. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
13. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
16. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
17. Of or relating to or containing barium.
18. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
19. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
20. A disease of plants characterized by the gradual dying of the young shoots starting at the tips and progressing to the larger branches.
22. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
24. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
27. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
29. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
32. A battle (1590) in which the Huguenots under Henry IV of France defeated the Catholics under the duke of Mayenne.
34. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
42. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
45. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
50. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
51. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
52. Of or pertaining to Sabah or its people.
56. Occurring or done each day.
59. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
60. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trademarks Aleve and Anaprox and Aflaxen).
61. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
63. Located at or near the back of an animal.
65. The shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
66. Flat tableland with steep edges.
70. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
71. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
72. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
73. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
75. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
78. The cry made by sheep.
80. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
82. (Roman Catholic Church) The supreme ecclesiastical tribunal for cases appealed to the Holy See from diocesan courts.
85. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
87. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
89. Of or relating to the velum.
90. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
91. The habitation of wild animals.
93. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
95. A native American tent.
96. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
97. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
98. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
99. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
100. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
101. Most important element.
102. God of the Underworld.
103. Type genus of the Anatidae.
1. The probability of a specified outcome.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
6. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
7. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
8. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Ancient name for the coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos).
11. A toilet in England.
12. Marry within one's own tribe or group.
13. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
14. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
15. A deep prolonged loud noise.
21. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
28. An analgesic for mild pain.
30. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
33. A way of regarding situations or topics etc..
35. To say or state again.
37. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
38. Exultantly proud and joyful.
39. Spanish guitarist who made classical guitar a concert instrument (1893-1987).
40. A religious adviser (not necessarily a priest) in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
43. Feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. The people of Great Britain.
49. The address where a person lives.
53. A Loloish language.
54. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
55. (informal) Roused to anger.
57. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
58. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
62. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
64. A condition requiring relief.
67. Genus of South and Central American heathlike evergreen shrubs.
68. In a mildly insane manner.
69. A stiff cap with ridges across the crown.
70. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
74. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
75. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
76. A resident of Iowa.
77. Make a dent or impression in.
79. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
81. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
83. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
84. A small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere.
86. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
88. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
92. Being one more than two.
94. A master's degree in fine arts.