1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. (Japanese) A form of chess played on a board of 81 squares.
9. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
13. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
17. A spore-producing structure in certain lichens and fungi.
18. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
19. A unit of pressure.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. In a regal manner.
23. The expensive white fur of the ermine.
25. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
27. Of or relating to or involving an area.
28. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
32. Late time of life.
34. Widely distributed lichens usually having a grayish or yellow pendulous freely branched thallus.
35. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
39. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
41. Being nine more than ninety.
43. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
45. Covered with paving material.
48. The condition of having no arms.
50. The twelfth month of the civil year.
51. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
53. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
54. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
55. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
57. German dramatist (1813-1863).
61. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
62. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
64. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
65. A state in New England.
67. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
69. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
70. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
71. An associate degree in applied science.
73. Towards the side away from the wind.
77. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
81. By bad luck.
83. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
88. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
89. Indigo bush.
91. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
92. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
94. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
95. A loud resonant repeating noise.
97. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
99. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. Free from liquid or moisture.
101. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
102. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
103. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
2. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
3. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
4. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
5. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
6. Edible viscera of a butchered animal.
7. The basic unit of money in Paraguay.
8. A small island.
9. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
12. Hoary alyssum.
13. (Scotland) A landowner.
14. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
15. A stock exchange in New York.
22. An island of central Hawaii.
24. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
26. In the shape of a coil.
30. Formerly a gold coin of various European countries.
31. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
33. The disqualification of a judge or jury by reason of prejudice or conflict of interest.
36. A very light brown.
37. A genus of Anatidae.
38. Struck with especially the open hand.
40. Relating to or lying near the palate.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
44. A family of Afroasiatic tonal languages (mostly two tones) spoken in the regions west and south of Lake Chad in north central Africa.
46. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. The condition of having no hair (especially on the top of the head).
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
56. A state in the western United States.
58. A poem consisting of 3 stanzas and an envoy.
59. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
60. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
63. act between parties with a view to reconciling differences.
66. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
68. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
72. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
74. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
75. A large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm.
76. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
78. A support that steadies or strengthens something else.
79. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
80. Jordan's port.
82. The habitation of wild animals.
84. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
85. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
86. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
87. Very dark black.
90. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
93. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
96. Being one more than fifty.
98. A state in southeastern United States.