1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
8. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
12. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
16. (Irish) The sea personified.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
19. Avatar of Vishnu.
20. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
22. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
24. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
25. Plain-woven (often glazed) fabric of wool or wool and cotton used especially formerly for linings and garments and curtains.
26. Originally a person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
36. A refund of some fraction of the amount paid.
39. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
46. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
47. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
48. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. God of death.
52. Usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence.
55. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
57. Of inferior or mixed breed.
58. Large evergreen tropical tree cultivated for its large oval smooth-skinned fruit.
59. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bengal or its people.
61. One who works hard at boring tasks.
62. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
63. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
64. A person trained to compete in sports.
68. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
69. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
70. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
71. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Nalfon) used in the treatment of arthritis and other painful inflammatory disorders.
76. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
79. Greek mythology.
82. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
86. A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene.
88. A port city in southwestern Iran.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
91. The month following March and preceding May.
92. A surface burn.
94. Being the only one.
95. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
96. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
97. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
98. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
99. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. Footwear (shoes or slippers) with no heel (or a flat heel).
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
4. A polite name for any woman.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. (British) Inferior and worthless.
7. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
8. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
9. A city in north-central India.
10. A state in midwestern United States.
11. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
12. Brazilian tree with handsomely marked wood.
13. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
14. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
15. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
21. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
23. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
27. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
28. In bed.
30. Unknown god.
32. A form of address for a man.
35. Forcibly broken through or opened up.
37. A gate at the rear of a vehicle.
38. Someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose).
40. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
41. A member of the British order of honor.
42. Taken before a meal as an appetizer.
43. Not widely known.
44. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
45. The third canonical hour.
49. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
50. Of or relating to or characteristic of Denmark or the Danes.
53. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
56. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
60. A person who gains weight.
65. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
66. 1 species.
67. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
72. Cause to be embarrassed.
73. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
74. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
75. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
77. (computer science) A unit for measuring the execution speed of computers.
78. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
80. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
81. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
83. A narrow way or road.
84. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
85. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
87. Black tropical American cuckoo.
89. Remaining after all deductions.
93. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.