1. The sound made by corvine birds.
4. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
8. One-hundredth of a right angle.
12. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. Opinion or judgment.
18. Something left after other parts have been taken away.
19. A lake in the mountains of central Africa between Congo and Rwanda.
20. A pauper who lives by begging.
21. Line of defense consisting of a barrier of felled or live trees with branches (sharpened or with barbed wire entwined) toward the enemy.
23. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
24. (informal) Of the highest quality.
27. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
30. German engineer (born in France) who invented the diesel engine (1858-1913).
32. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
34. Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. In bed.
44. An Italian poet famous for `The Divine Comedy'--a journey through hell and purgatory and paradise guided by Virgil and his idealized Beatrice (1265-1321).
45. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
49. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
50. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
51. A place where taxis park while awaiting customers.
53. Having been taken in marriage.
54. The apical end of the style where pollen is deposited.
56. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
57. United States painter (born in 1917).
59. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
60. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
61. Not fed.
63. On or toward the lee.
64. A sailing vessel with two masts.
68. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
69. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
71. Away from the mouth or oral region.
74. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
75. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
76. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
80. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
87. Register formally.
88. Ground snakes.
89. Web-footed long-necked typically gregarious migratory aquatic birds usually larger and less aquatic than ducks.
90. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
91. The ending of a series or sequence.
93. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
95. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
96. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
97. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
98. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
99. A doctor's degree in education.
1. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
2. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
3. A recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing.
4. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
5. A port in southwestern Scotland.
6. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
7. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
8. The father of your father or mother.
9. Selling or related to selling direct to the consumer.
10. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
11. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
12. Rounded brimless cap fitting the crown of the head.
13. The basic unit of money on Malta.
14. Divisible by two.
15. Two items of the same kind.
22. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
25. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
26. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
28. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
31. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
33. Large South African oryx with a broad black band along its flanks.
35. Widely distributed low-growing Eurasian herb having narrow leaves and inconspicuous green flowers.
36. More of the same adv.
37. A nonenterprising person who is not paying his way.
39. A country north of Ethiopia on the Red Sea.
40. A thin plain-weave cotton or linen fabric.
42. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. A member of the eastern branch of the Sioux.
46. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
47. A flat plate that controls or directs the flow of fluid or energy.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.
52. A cargo ship designed to carry crude oil in bulk.
55. The ratio of the distance traveled (in miles) to the time spent traveling (in hours).
58. Disease of rodents (especially rabbits and squirrels) and sometimes transmitted to humans by ticks or flies or by handling infected animals.
62. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
65. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
66. (baseball or softball) The person who plays the position of catcher.
67. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
70. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
72. Sturdy carnivorous burrowing mammal with strong claws widely distributed in the northern hemisphere v 1.
73. Freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility).
77. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
78. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
79. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
81. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
82. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
83. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
84. Type genus of the Ranidae.
85. Employed in accomplishing something.
86. A small hard fruit.
92. A form of address for a man.
94. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.