1. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
4. (printing) A short line at the end of the main strokes of a character.
9. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
13. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
20. (medieval Europe) A person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord.
22. From 40 million to 58 million years ago.
24. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
25. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
26. The hood or cap covering the calyx of certain plants.
29. The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit.
31. A soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot.
32. An independent state within the British Commonwealth located on the Fiji Islands.
34. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
36. Half the width of an em.
37. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
40. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
43. A heavy precious metallic element.
44. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
46. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
48. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
49. A vigorous blow.
50. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
52. The fruit of a variety of winter melon vine.
55. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
56. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
57. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
58. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
59. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
61. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
63. A descendent or heir.
65. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
67. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
68. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
69. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
71. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
73. A German machine gun.
74. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
76. River in eastern Asia.
77. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
81. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
82. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
84. A human limb.
85. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
87. A public promotion of some product or service.
89. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
91. Fastened together.
95. Having a woven pattern.
99. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
101. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
102. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
104. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
105. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
106. Leave or strike out, as of vowels.
107. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
108. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
109. The cry made by sheep.
110. A thermoplastic polyamide.
111. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
112. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
113. The fifth day of the week.
1. The central area of a church.
2. A town in north central Oklahoma.
3. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
4. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
5. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
6. Assign a new name to.
7. A state in midwestern United States.
8. God of earth's fertility and peace and prosperity.
9. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
10. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
11. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
12. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
13. The basic unit of money in Honduras.
14. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
15. Not only so, but.
21. The 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
23. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. A central cohesive source of support and stability.
28. A member of an Algonquian people who lived west of Lake Superior.
30. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
33. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
35. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
38. American novelist (1909-1955).
39. By chance.
41. Mature fruiting body of an ascomycetous fungus.
42. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
45. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
47. Fatty pinkish flesh of small salmon caught in the Pacific and Great Lakes.
51. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
53. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
54. Bar temporarily.
60. A genus of Mustelidae.
62. Type and sole genus of the family Menuridae.
64. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
66. An unforeseen obstacle.
70. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
72. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
75. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
78. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
79. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
80. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
83. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
84. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
86. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
88. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
90. A small cake leavened with yeast.
92. At a specific prior time.
93. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
94. An informal term for a father.
96. The sixth month of the civil year.
97. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
98. God of love and erotic desire.
100. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
103. 10 grams.