1. A light touch or stroke.
4. A native or inhabitant of Scotland.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Avatar of Vishnu.
16. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
17. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
18. Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
19. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
20. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
22. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
24. The production of living organisms from other living organisms.
25. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
27. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
30. Something causes misery or death.
31. A colorless poisonous gas.
35. A city in southern Malawi.
38. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
43. Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case.
44. A city in southeastern Arizona.
47. Sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound).
49. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
51. An associate degree in nursing.
52. A state in east central United States.
53. Islands in the Atlantic Ocean belonging to Portugal.
55. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
56. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
58. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
59. A small drink.
60. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
61. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
62. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
64. True mosses.
65. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
69. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
70. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
71. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
73. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
76. Before noon.
78. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
79. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
81. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
83. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
84. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
86. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
88. A deliberately false or improbable account.
92. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
96. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
98. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
100. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
101. Sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant during sleep.
102. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
103. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
104. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
3. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. King of France elected in 987 and founding the Capetian dynasty (940-996).
6. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
7. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
8. A public promotion of some product or service.
9. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
10. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
11. Type genus of the Amiidae.
12. A motley assortment of things.
13. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
14. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
15. Make amends for.
21. Beat with a cane.
23. A province in north-central China.
28. An East Indian sailor.
29. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
32. Having been taken into the mouth for consumption.
33. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
34. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
36. Dragonflies and damselflies.
37. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of Corsica or its people.
40. One or some or every or all without specification.
41. Wildly disordered.
42. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
45. A plaything that is ridden up and down by children at either end.
46. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
48. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
50. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
54. A drama set to music.
57. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
63. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. The second largest city in Tunisia.
67. Slightly open.
68. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
72. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
74. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
75. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
77. Cuban poet and revolutionary who fought for Cuban independence from Spain (1853-1895).
80. Jordan's port.
82. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
83. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
85. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
87. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
89. An indistinct shapeless form.
90. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
91. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
93. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
95. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
99. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.