1. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. Suddenly and violently broken open especially from internal pressure.
9. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Being one more than two.
17. Related on the mother's side.
18. Avatar of Vishnu.
19. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
20. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
21. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
23. Seizure of a vehicle in transit either to rob it or divert it to an alternate destination.
24. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
26. Australian evergreen shrubs.
28. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
30. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
33. A medicated lozenge used to soothe the throat.
38. Wool of the alpaca.
41. An artificial language related to Ido.
45. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. Ubiquitous strong-scented mat-forming Eurasian herb of wasteland, hedgerow or pasture having narrow serrate leaves and small usually white florets.
48. A cap with no brim or bill.
49. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
51. An alloy of iron with small amounts of carbon.
53. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
54. The act of hopping (jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)).
58. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
59. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
61. The upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk.
63. A genus of Mustelidae.
64. Reduce to lay status.
67. An onerous or difficult concern.
68. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
71. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
75. A city and port in northern Jutland.
78. A cloth having a crisscross design.
81. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
85. The capital and largest city of Uganda on the north shore of Lake Victoria.
87. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
89. A sharp projection on an edge or surface.
90. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
91. The facial expression of sudden pain.
93. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
94. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
95. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
96. Of or in or relating to the nose.
97. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
98. Being one more than ninety.
1. A Loloish language.
2. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
3. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
4. A beckoning gesture.
5. A transuranic element.
6. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
7. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
8. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
9. A written symbol that is used to represent speech.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
13. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
14. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
15. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
22. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
25. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. An alert and refreshed state.
31. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
32. A British doctorate.
34. A peninsula in southwestern Asia that forms the Asian part of Turkey.
35. Bell magpies.
36. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
37. Of or relating to the heart.
39. A genus of Astacidae.
40. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
42. Make amends for.
43. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
44. Any of various small tropical American orchids of the genus Stelis having long slender racemes of numerous small to minute flowers.
50. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
52. Greek geometer (3rd century BC).
55. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
56. Being four more than sixty.
57. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
60. A fast gait of a horse.
62. A warm dry wind that blows down the northern slopes of the Alps.
65. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
66. Drug (trade name Isuprel) used to treat bronchial asthma and to stimulate the heart.
69. The Latin name for England.
70. A bachelor's degree in science.
72. (Welsh) Lord of Annwfn (the other world.
73. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
74. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
76. Young sheep.
77. A bachelor's degree in music.
79. Being one more than fifty.
80. A book of the New Testament.
82. A mythical Greek hero.
83. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
84. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
86. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
88. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
92. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.