1. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
4. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
9. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
13. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
16. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
17. Any plant of the genus Inula.
18. Mentally healthy.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
21. An abnormal condition in which a normal opening or tube in the body (as the urethra) is closed or absent.
22. Tall East Indian cedar having spreading branches with nodding tips.
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. In the Roman calendar.
27. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. Avatar of Vishnu.
30. Any cognitive content held as true.
34. A cloth covering (a legging) that provides covering for the instep and ankles.
37. Appearing in a Biblical canon.
41. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
44. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
47. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
48. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
50. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
53. Relating to the Urdu language.
54. Concerning or dwelling or situated in a wood.
55. French writer who was the embodiment of 18th century Enlightenment (1694-1778).
57. Lacking in light.
58. (East Indian cookery) A pungent dish of vegetables or meats flavored with curry powder and usually eaten with rice v 1.
60. Shattered or torn up or torn apart violently as by e.g. wind or lightning or explosive.
61. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
63. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
64. Flexible twig of a willow tree.
65. (music) A short recitative that is melodic but is not an aria.
67. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
69. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
70. Pertaining to animals or animal life or action.
71. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
72. A group of southern Bantu languages.
73. Offering little or no hope.
76. German chemist who did research on high-speed chemical reactions (born in 1927).
77. Being one more than fifty.
81. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
85. Golden Italian liqueur flavored with herbs.
91. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
92. Basic principles of the cosmos.
94. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
95. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
96. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
98. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
99. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
100. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
101. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
102. A city in northern India.
103. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
1. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
2. Large African forest tree yielding a strong hard yellow to golden brown lumber.
3. An alloy of iron with small amounts of carbon.
4. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
5. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
6. A coagulated liquid resembling milk curd.
7. On or toward the lee.
8. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
9. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
10. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
11. Not imagined even in a dream.
12. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
13. An informal term for a father.
14. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
15. God of death.
23. Brass that looks like gold.
25. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
28. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
31. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
32. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. Black tropical American cuckoo.
35. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
36. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
38. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
39. A person who was born in a particular place.
40. An anticoagulant (trade name Coumadin) use to prevent and treat a thrombus or embolus.
42. Of or relating to a wedding.
43. A woman who dances in a chorus line.
45. A verse line with a dactyl followed by a spondee or trochee.
46. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
49. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
51. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
52. An autonomous area in northeastern Greece that is the site of several Greek Orthodox monasteries founded in the tenth century.
56. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
59. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
62. (zoology) Having freedom to move about.
66. An enclosed space.
68. Pastry made with a cream cheese dough and different fillings (as raisins and walnuts and cinnamon or chocolate and walnut and apricot preserves).
74. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
75. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
78. The process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke.
79. Or or relating to or caused by tides.
80. A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
83. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
84. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
86. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
87. A quantity of no importance.
88. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
89. English essayist (1775-1834).
90. Male red deer.
93. The month following February and preceding April.
97. A state in midwestern United States.