1. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
4. The basic unit of money in Zaire.
9. Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses.
13. An enclosed space.
16. A strong emotion.
17. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
18. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
19. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
20. Music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano).
22. Free from disturbance.
24. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
25. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
26. The condition of not containing or being covered by a liquid (especially water).
28. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
30. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
32. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
37. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
40. A partially opened flower.
43. Point formed by two intersecting arcs (as from the intrados of a Gothic arch).
47. Any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust) or gases that is visible.
49. A pirate along the Barbary coast.
52. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
53. Squash bugs.
54. Of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen.
55. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
56. A journey in a vehicle driven by someone else.
58. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
60. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
61. (informal) Of the highest quality.
62. A crude stone artifact (as a chipped flint).
63. A deep bow.
65. indicate by signs.
67. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
68. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
69. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
70. An informal term for a father.
75. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
84. God of wealth and love.
85. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
87. A Hindu theistic philosophy.
91. A master's degree in business.
92. Turn sharply.
93. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
94. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
95. A decree that prohibits something.
96. Flat tableland with steep edges.
97. Lacking excess flesh.
98. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
3. German philosopher whose three stage process of dialectical reasoning was adopted by Karl Marx (1770-1831).
4. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
5. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
6. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
7. A state in New England.
8. Liveliness of mind or spirit.
9. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
10. Belonging to some prior time.
11. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
12. A resource.
13. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
14. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
15. An offensive name for an unskilled Asian laborer.
21. (British) Tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms.
23. A rich soil consisting of a mixture of sand and clay and decaying organic materials.
27. Small lynx of North America.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
31. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
33. Perennial plant of eastern North America having hairy foliage yielding a red or yellow pigment.
35. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
36. The dead body of an animal especially one slaughtered and dressed for food.
38. Trade name for an alloy used to make high-energy permanent magnets.
39. Compelled forcibly by an outside agency.
41. A lock on an exterior door.
42. A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.
44. Not having been read.
45. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
46. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended.
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
50. The act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court).
51. A thin strip (wood or metal).
57. A city in north central Morocco.
59. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
64. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
66. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
67. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
71. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
72. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
73. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
74. Very small.
76. Fierce wild dog of the forests of central and southeast Asia that hunts in packs.
77. A mixed nerve that supplies the pharynx and larynx and lungs and heart and esophagus and stomach and most of the abdominal viscera.
78. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
79. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
80. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
81. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
86. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
88. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
89. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
90. Extremely pleasing.