1. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
4. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
8. Similar to the color of jade.
12. United States playwright who collaborated with George S. Kaufman (1904-1961).
16. A strong emotion.
17. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
18. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
19. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
20. Russian country house.
21. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
23. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. (of persons or their actions) Able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering.
27. The lower part of the abdomen just above the external genital organs.
28. A thrusting blow with a knife.
31. A state in southeastern United States.
33. Informal terms for money.
34. Type genus of the Ustilaginaceae.
40. A radioactive transuranic element that is similar to uranium.
41. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
42. Turn on or around an axis or a center.
45. Farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle).
49. Wild plum of northeastern United States having dark purple fruits with yellow flesh.
51. A state of warm snug comfort.
52. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
53. A picturesque mountainous province of western Austria.
55. The point above the observer that is directly opposite the nadir on the imaginary sphere against which celestial bodies appear to be projected.
57. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
58. The larva of an ant lion or of any of several other insects.
60. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
63. In an ideal manner.
66. A small piece of cloth.
67. An artifact designed to be played with.
68. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
70. A swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building.
71. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
74. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
76. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. Noisy talk.
80. Native to Egypt but cultivated widely for its aromatic seeds and the oil from them used medicinally and as a flavoring in cookery.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
86. Small Old and New World herons.
89. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
92. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
94. Found in moist places as rounded jellylike colonies.
96. Produced by a manufacturing process.
97. The basic unit of money in Iran.
98. Type genus of the Ranidae.
100. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
101. A primeval personification of air and breath.
102. Cry weakly or softly.
103. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
104. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
1. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Cast again, in a different role.
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
7. A quantity of no importance.
8. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
9. Highly excited.
10. 1/10 gram.
11. (British) A title of respect for a member of the English gentry ranking just below a knight.
12. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
13. Jordan's port.
14. Cause to move back by force or influence.
15. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
22. The eleventh month of the civil year.
26. Entangle or catch in in or as if in a mesh.
29. Webbing clothes moths.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
36. A city in southwestern Russia.
37. Any thick messy substance.
39. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
43. Small yellowish moths whose larvae feed on wool or fur.
44. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
46. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
47. Loud and clear.
48. An enclosed yard for keeping poultry.
50. Nicaraguan statesman (born in 1945).
54. A jaunty rhythm in music.
56. Be obliged to pay or repay.
59. An informal word (abstracted from words with this ending) for some unidentified branch of knowledge.
61. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
62. Periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles.
64. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
65. Enthusiastic approval.
69. A public promotion of some product or service.
72. Quieten or silence (a sound) or make (an image) less visible.
73. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
75. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
78. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
79. Shrimp-like planktonic crustaceans.
81. Wife of Balder.
82. To come or go into.
83. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
84. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
85. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
87. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
88. A three-tone Chadic language.
90. Tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits.
91. The highest level or degree attainable.
93. A human limb.
95. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
99. A colorless and odorless inert gas.