1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
9. Neither warm or very cold.
13. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
16. The fatty flesh of eel.
17. Of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself.
18. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
19. The cry made by sheep.
20. Any plant of the genus Amorpha having odd-pinnate leaves and purplish spicate flowers.
22. Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect.
24. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
25. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
26. European annual grown for forage.
28. A drama set to music.
30. Type genus of the Amiidae.
31. The capital and largest city of the Central Africa Republic.
33. Type genus of the Ranidae.
37. The act of escaping physically.
41. Being nine more than ninety.
45. Someone who skis.
46. An instrument for measuring the distance between two points.
49. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
52. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
53. The basic unit of money in Sweden.
54. A rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide.
56. Being two more than forty.
58. Third son of Elizabeth II (born in 1964).
60. A tube with a small bowl at one end.
61. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
62. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
63. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
66. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
71. Edible viscera of a fowl.
74. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
76. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
77. Wild geese.
79. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
83. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
85. (usually plural) Valuables taken by violence (especially in war).
86. Any system of principles or beliefs.
87. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
90. Jordan's port.
91. (prefix) Half or partial.
92. Sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors.
93. Framework for holding objects.
95. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
96. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
97. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
98. The highest level or degree attainable.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
2. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
3. A favorite saying of a sect or political group.
4. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
5. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
6. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
7. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
8. By bad luck.
9. United States film maker (1897-1991).
10. A naturally occuring glyceride of oleic acid that is found in fats and oils.
11. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
12. French lexicographer (1817-1875).
13. A slender double-reed instrument.
14. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
21. Shrubby lichens of the family Usneaceae having a flattened thallus.
23. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
27. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
29. A heavy iron tool with a wooden handle and a curved head that is pointed on both ends.
32. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
34. Congenital absence of the heart (as in the development of some monsters).
35. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
36. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
38. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
39. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. A genus of evergreen climbers.
42. A Mid-Atlantic state.
43. Motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work.
44. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
47. Australian moundbird.
48. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
50. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
51. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
55. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
57. Being two more than sixty.
59. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
64. Not subjected to tapping.
65. Go ashore.
67. Kauri pine.
68. A three-year law degree.
69. An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
70. Small cake baked in a muffin tin.
72. Cuddling and kissing.
73. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
74. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
75. A person to whom money is paid.
78. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
80. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
84. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
88. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
89. A slight amount or degree of difference.
94. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
95. The compass point midway between south and southeast.