1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
9. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
13. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. Lower in esteem.
18. Type genus of the Apidae.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
21. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
22. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
23. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
24. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
26. German bacteriologist who found a `magic bullet' to cure syphilis and was a pioneer in the study of immunology (1854-1915).
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. Relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body.
31. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
34. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
37. Parasitic on the digestive epithelium of vertebrates and higher invertebrates.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
43. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
46. Worthless material that should be removed.
47. Disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed.
48. Used of persons.
52. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
53. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. Partial or total loss of memory.
55. Fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used.
56. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
58. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
60. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
61. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
63. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
64. The Indic language spoken in Bihar (and by some people in Pakistan and Bangladesh).
66. A substance that abrades or wears down.
70. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
71. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
72. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
74. Of or relating to or containing balsam.
77. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
80. A female domestic.
81. Humorously vulgar.
85. The amount that a container (as a wine bottle or tank) lacks of being full.
86. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
89. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
90. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
92. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
94. A kind of person.
95. A vigorous blow.
96. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
98. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
99. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
100. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
101. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
102. An enclosed space.
103. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first.
7. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
8. The process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds).
9. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
10. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
11. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
12. The residue that remains when something is burned.
13. Offering fun and gaiety.
14. Speaking a Slavic language.
15. Avatar of Vishnu.
25. A state in northwestern North America.
27. Someone who jeers or mocks or treats something with contempt or calls out in derision.
30. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
32. An organism (especially a bacterium) that does not require air or free oxygen to live.
33. On the left-hand side of a vessel or aircraft when facing forward.
35. German statesman who served as chancellor of Germany (born in 1918).
36. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
38. Erect plant with small clusters of pink trumpet-shaped flowers of southwestern United States.
39. Tufted perennial herbs of northern hemisphere.
40. Something hard to endure.
42. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
44. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) From that fact or reason or as a result.
45. Accumulated knowledge or erudition or enlightenment.
49. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
50. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
51. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
57. A fraudulent business scheme.
59. Mexican revolutionary leader (1877-1923).
62. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
65. Greek poet whose existing works describe rural life and the genealogies of the gods and the beginning of the world (eighth century BC).
67. The doctrine that reality consists of two basic opposing elements, often taken to be mind and matter (or mind and body), or good and evil.
68. Thick stew made of rice and chicken and small game.
69. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
73. A genus of Caltha.
75. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
76. The segment of the public that is easily influenced by mass media (chiefly British).
77. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
78. Staying temporarily.
79. Of or in or relating to the nose.
80. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
82. An Eskimo hut.
83. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
84. Fallow deer.
87. Largest known toad species.
88. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
91. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
93. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
97. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.