1. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
4. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
9. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
13. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
16. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
17. Do wrongly or improperly.
18. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
19. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
20. Pertaining to or located on or near the seacoast.
22. Crested screamers.
24. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
25. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
27. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
29. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
30. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
31. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
34. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
36. Dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes.
39. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth.
42. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
44. Fastening electrical equipment to earth.
47. Having or involving the use of hands.
49. The basic unit of money in Iran.
50. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
54. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
57. A Russian river.
58. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
59. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
60. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
63. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
65. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
67. Any of a group of natural steroid alcohols derived from plants or animals.
69. A motley assortment of things.
71. A period of time spent sleeping.
73. Government that is inefficient or dishonest.
74. A doctor's degree in optometry.
75. The basic unit of money in Peru.
77. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
78. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
82. Improperly forward or bold.
84. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
87. Declare or make legally valid.
89. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
91. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
93. A musical work that has been created.
94. A small hard fruit.
96. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
98. Having leadership guidance.
99. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
100. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
101. Elegant and stylish.
102. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. A padded cloth covering to keep a teapot warm.
2. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
3. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
4. Type genus of the Amiidae.
5. The vein in the center of a leaf.
6. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
7. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
8. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
9. The sixth month of the civil year.
10. Material used to daub walls.
11. According to need (physicians use PRN in writing prescriptions).
12. A kind of sealing material that is used to form a hard coating on a porous surface (as a coat of paint or varnish used to size a surface).
13. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
14. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
15. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
21. A person who cares for persons or property.
23. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. A card game similar to ecarte.
32. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
33. Tropical New World lizard with a long tail and large rectangular scales on the belly and a long tail.
35. Biennial Eurasian plant usually having a swollen edible root.
37. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
38. An informal term for a father.
40. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
41. Formally making a person known to another or to the public.
43. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
45. A beta-adrenergic blocking agent (trade name Corgard) that is used to treat hypertension and angina.
46. A small globe or ball.
48. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
53. A soft silvery metallic element.
55. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
56. A relation that provides the foundation for something.
61. United States psychologist who studied the intelligence of primates (1876-1956).
62. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
64. Stain (furniture) black to make it look like ebony.
65. Type genus of the Amiidae.
66. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
67. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
68. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
70. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
72. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
76. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
79. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
80. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
81. A framework that holds the panes of a window in the window frame.
83. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
85. In bed.
86. A quantity of no importance.
88. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
90. Being two more than fifty.
91. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
92. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
95. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
97. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.