1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
13. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
16. An affirmative.
17. Something to which a mountain climber's rope can be secured v 1.
18. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
19. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
20. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
21. Being or relating to or resembling or emanating from stars.
23. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
25. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
27. Apache leader of the resistance to United States troops in Arizona (1812-1874).
29. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
30. A German city near Leipzig.
32. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
34. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
40. Indicating the most important performer or role.
43. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
47. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
49. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
50. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
52. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
53. Talk pompously.
55. The person who Jesus raised from the dead after four days in the tomb.
56. 10 grams.
57. Extracted from a source of supply as of minerals from the earth.
58. A person responsible for the editorial aspects of publication.
61. (informal) Of the highest quality.
62. European twining plant whose flowers are used chiefly to flavor malt liquors.
63. Lining of the stomach of a ruminant (especially a bovine) used as food.
64. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
66. An Asian country under the control of China.
68. A language group of the Hokan family.
69. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
70. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
72. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
78. A primeval personification of air and breath.
83. Noisy talk.
87. Covered with paving material.
88. French painter who developed pointilism (1859-1891).
90. The cry made by sheep.
91. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
92. A small cake leavened with yeast.
94. A cap with a flat circular top and a visor.
95. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
96. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
97. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
98. The content of cognition.
99. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
100. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
1. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
2. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
3. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Give a description of.
6. Of or being the lowest female voice.
7. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
8. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
9. An expression of greeting.
10. Half the width of an em.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Fudge made with brown sugar and butter and milk and nuts.
13. (informal) The best of its kind n.
14. A large piece of something without definite shape.
15. Not only so, but.
22. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
24. Someone who performs dangerous stunts to attract attention to himself.
26. The domain controlled by an emir.
28. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. Low tree ferns with large fronds.
36. An island in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa.
37. Yet to be or coming.
38. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
39. Necrotic tissue.
41. Pacific newts.
42. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
44. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
45. A medicine that lowers blood cholesterol levels by inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase.
46. A loose skirt consisting of brightly colored fabric wrapped around the body.
48. Discriminate in selling or renting housing in certain areas of a neighborhood.
51. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
54. The capital and largest city of Japan.
59. A particular kind (as to appearance).
60. (of drugs) Through the mouth rather than through injection.
65. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
67. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
71. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
73. (often used in combination) Having hair as specified.
74. The act of escaping physically.
75. A design fixed to some surface or a paper bearing the design to be transferred to the surface.
76. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
77. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
79. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
80. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
81. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
82. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
84. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
85. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
89. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
93. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).