1. Reflecting gloom.
5. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
9. Avatar of Vishnu.
13. 10 grams.
16. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
17. An endorsement.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
19. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
20. Administer an oil or ointment to.
21. Take hold of.
24. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
25. The condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded).
29. Deprived of parents by death or desertion.
31. Jordan's port.
33. The grasses.
36. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
37. An explosive device fused to denote under specific conditions.
41. Capital and largest city of Italy.
42. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
45. In bed.
46. Compete for something.
47. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
49. A festival featuring African-American culture.
52. Turned outward in an ungainly manner.
54. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
55. Either of two muscles in the shoulder region that move the shoulders and arms.
56. A Dardic language spoken in northern Kashmir.
57. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
60. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
61. During the intervening time.
63. In a causal fashion.
66. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
67. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
68. Given or having a specified name.
71. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
72. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
74. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
76. (biology) Having branches or flower heads that bend downward.
79. A woman lunatic.
81. Large snake mackerel with rings like spectacles around its eyes.
85. South American cavy.
87. A genus of Ploceidae.
89. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
90. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
91. A large waterfall on the border between Argentina and Brazil.
94. A land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water.
96. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
97. Either of two Welsh breeds of long-bodied short-legged dogs with erect ears and a fox-like head.
98. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
100. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
101. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
102. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
103. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
104. A rapid bustling commotion.
1. Not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty.
2. The goddess of the moon.
3. (Sumerian) Sun god.
4. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
5. A pad of paper for keeping notes.
6. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
7. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
8. The visual property of something that shines with reflected light.
9. Any exciting and complex play intended to confuse (dazzle) the opponent.
10. (informal) Of the highest quality.
11. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
12. A public promotion of some product or service.
13. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
14. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
15. Any of several large turkey-like game birds of the family Cracidae.
22. That is to say.
23. Divulge information or secrets.
26. The domain ruled by a sheik.
27. Greek mythology.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
34. Used especially of lower plants.
35. Congenital absence of an arm or leg.
38. Involving only main features.
39. An electrically charged particle built up from polymeric molecules or ions and occurring in certain colloidal electrolytic solutions like soaps and detergents.
40. Genus of North American spring wildflowers.
43. Cause to become awake or conscious.
44. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
48. English architect (1746-1813).
50. A period of time spent sleeping.
51. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
53. Shaped like a ring.
58. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
59. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
62. (formerly) A horse-drawn wagon that delivered ice door to door.
64. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
65. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
69. Primitive reptile having no opening in the temporal region of the skull.
70. A singular metaphysical entity from which material properties are said to derive.
73. Come out into view, as from concealment.
75. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
77. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
78. The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it.
80. Make or become free of frost or ice.
82. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
83. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
84. (combining form) Indicating radiation or radioactivity.
86. Marked by the reception of pay.
88. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
92. Goddess of fate.
93. How long something has existed.
95. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
99. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.