1. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
4. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
12. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
16. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
17. The entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being).
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
20. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
21. Someone waiting in concealment.
23. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
24. In bed.
26. Caused to hear poorly or not at all.
28. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
29. Antihistamine (trade name Dimetane) used to treat hypersensitivity reactions (as rhinitis).
31. Small circular or square cases of dough with savory fillings.
33. A port city in southwestern Iran.
34. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
35. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
38. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
40. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. An inhabitant of Lappland.
44. Broken into sharp pieces.
46. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
49. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
51. Unknown god.
52. After noon.
53. A member of the Algonquian people living in Wisconsin the Fox River valley and the shores of Green Bay.
54. Russian dancer who was often the partner of Dame Margot Fonteyn and who defected to the United States in 1961 (born in 1938).
57. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
59. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
60. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
61. A doctor who practices veterinary medicine.
63. An Asian river between China and Russia.
64. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
67. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
69. Any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent.
70. Hard white substance covering the crown of a tooth.
71. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
72. A master's degree in education.
73. A flowering shrub bearing currants or gooseberries.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
76. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
79. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
83. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
87. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
90. Indigo bush.
93. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
95. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
98. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
100. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
101. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
102. Urged social reform in 19th century England.
104. The bill in a restaurant.
105. The chance to speak.
106. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
107. An informal term for a father.
108. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
2. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
3. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
4. Any of various units of capacity.
5. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
6. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
7. Type genus of the Lycaenidae.
8. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
9. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
10. A radioactive transuranic element.
11. A disease caused by deficiency of niacin or tryptophan (or by a defect in the metabolic conversion of tryptophan to niacin).
12. Of or relating to or involving an area.
13. Any expected deliverer.
14. Of or relating to near the ear.
15. Not only so, but.
22. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
25. Go ashore.
27. Deliberately vague or ambiguous.
30. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
32. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
36. (Roman mythology) God of the sea.
37. Regarded with admiration.
39. The basic unit of money in Paraguay.
42. An infant that is born prior to 37 weeks of gestation.
43. Something that remunerates.
45. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
47. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
48. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
50. A state in the western United States.
55. (legal terminology) The Latin word for wife.
56. A garment (coat or sweater) that has raglan sleeves.
58. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
62. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
65. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
66. The act of conferring an honor or presenting a gift.
68. 1 species.
74. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
77. A person forced to flee from home or country.
78. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
80. Remove from memory or existence.
81. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
82. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
84. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
85. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
86. Jordan's port.
88. English essayist (1775-1834).
89. Full of zest or vigor.
91. Suggestive of or tending to moral looseness.
92. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
96. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
97. (British) Your grandmother.
99. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
103. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
104. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.