1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. From the kapok tree.
9. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
13. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
16. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
17. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
18. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
19. A doctor's degree in education.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Of time long past.
22. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
23. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
24. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
26. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
28. Written matter preceding the main text of a book.
30. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
32. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
34. Small Old and New World herons.
38. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
41. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
45. A mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War.
46. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
49. Of little importance or influence or power.
51. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
52. A Nilotic language.
53. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
54. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
55. A sign of something about to happen.
58. A boy or man.
59. Tear or be torn violently.
60. An isogram connecting points receiving equal amounts of sunshine.
61. Old World woody vines.
63. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
65. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
66. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
67. Not out.
68. Black tropical American cuckoo.
69. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
73. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
79. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
83. A master's degree in fine arts.
85. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
88. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
89. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
91. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
93. A humming noise.
94. A state in the western United States.
95. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
96. Perceive sound.
97. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
98. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
99. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
100. Two items of the same kind.
101. (British) Your grandmother.
1. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
2. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
3. Any of several short-billed Old World rails.
4. A fine usually white clay formed by the weathering of aluminous minerals (as feldspar).
5. 1 species.
6. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
7. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
11. A genus of Thraupidae.
12. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
13. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
14. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
15. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
25. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
27. From that place or from there.
29. Marked by great carelessness.
31. A supporting tower used to support a bridge.
33. Ice cream served with a topping.
35. Any of several herbs of the genus Dipsacus native to the Old World having flower heads surrounded by spiny bracts.
36. Relating to or derived from or resembling tartar.
37. City in central Iran.
39. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
40. Small smooth-haired breed of African origin having a tightly curled tail and the inability to bark.
42. A rational motive for a belief or action.
43. Unpleasantly stern.
44. A genus of fungi belonging to the family Boletaceae.
47. Any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes.
48. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
50. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
56. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
57. A percussion instrument consisting of vertical metal tubes of different lengths that are struck with a hammer.
62. Deciduous shrub of North America.
64. A small cake leavened with yeast.
70. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
71. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
74. Harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters.
75. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
76. A genus of Indriidae.
77. Any plant of the genus Erica.
78. Tropical American tree having edible fruit with a leathery rind.
80. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
81. Using speech rather than writing.
82. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
84. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
86. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
87. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
90. The bill in a restaurant.
92. The cry made by sheep.