1. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
4. God of the Underworld.
8. A fraudulent business scheme.
12. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
16. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
17. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
18. Tropical American flat-jointed prickly pear.
19. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
20. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
21. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
22. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
23. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
24. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
26. A pen for cattle.
29. A state in the western United States.
31. Arousing to action or rebellion.
33. Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type.
36. Israeli general and statesman (1915-1981).
39. The principles of right and wrong that are accepted by an individual or a social group.
42. A narrow way or road.
44. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
50. Very dark black.
51. Basal part of a plant ovule opposite the micropyle.
52. The ratio of the distance traveled (in kilometers) to the time spent traveling (in hours).
53. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
55. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
58. The act of reducing the selling price of merchandise.
60. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
61. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
62. Entangle or catch in in or as if in a mesh.
63. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
66. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
67. Made of fir or pine.
68. A state in northwestern North America.
70. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
73. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
75. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
76. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
80. Type genus of the family Ancylidae.
84. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
87. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
89. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
91. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
92. Lower in esteem.
94. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
96. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
97. An informal term for a father.
98. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
99. A person who acts and gets things done.
100. The month following August and preceding October.
1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
2. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
3. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
4. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
5. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
6. The month following February and preceding April.
7. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
8. A genus of Sterninae.
9. The position of a curate.
10. The Latin name for England.
11. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
12. In an active manner.
13. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
14. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
27. A colt with undescended testicles.
28. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
34. A drug (trade name Atabrine) used to treat certain worm infestations and once used to treat malaria.
35. A tan discoloration of a woman's face that is associated with pregnancy or with the use of oral contraceptives.
37. A bag carried by a strap on your back or shoulder.
38. North American sucker with reddish fins.
40. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
41. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
43. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
45. Canadian writer noted for his analyses of the mass media (1911-1980).
46. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
47. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
48. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
49. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
54. Wild and domestic cattle.
56. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
57. A defeat of the Persian army by the Greeks in 479 BC.
59. A cavity in the mesoderm of an embryo that gives rise in humans to the pleural cavity and pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity.
64. Enchanter's nightshade.
65. (Irish) The sea personified.
69. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
71. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
72. A tablet placed horizontally on top of the capital of a column as an aid in supporting the architrave.
74. Squash bugs.
77. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
78. In bed.
79. By bad luck.
81. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
82. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
83. Beyond what is natural.
85. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
86. A light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt.
88. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
93. An associate degree in nursing.
95. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.