1. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
4. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
9. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
13. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
16. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
17. A natural stream of water smaller than a river (and often a tributary of a river).
18. Avatar of Vishnu.
19. A boy or man.
20. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
22. Any member of the peoples speaking a Turkic language.
25. The second largest city in Tunisia.
29. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
31. Taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct animals.
33. Lying in the same plane.
37. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
41. Find repugnant.
45. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
46. A blemish made by dirt.
47. An apparatus for performing a titration.
49. The emotion of hate.
50. A policeman's club.
51. A French river that flows through the heart of Paris and then northward into the English Channel.
53. According to need (physicians use PRN in writing prescriptions).
54. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
55. United States photographer(1886-1958).
56. Evergreen tree of warm regions having fuzzy yellow olive-sized fruit with a large free stone.
58. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
60. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
62. An important god.
63. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
64. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
66. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
67. A religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof.
68. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
70. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
73. Denuded of leaves.
74. A plant disease caused by the ergot fungus.
77. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
78. Brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall.
80. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
86. A genus of Malayan tree.
88. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. After the expected or usual time.
92. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
93. Any triangular fore-and-aft sail (set forward of the foremast) v 1.
94. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
95. Squash bugs.
96. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
97. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
2. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
3. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
4. Any of various units of capacity.
5. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
6. The basic unit of money in Lesotho.
7. Large silvery fish found worldwide in warm seas but nowhere common.
8. A city in northeastern Ohio.
9. (Greek mythology) The last king of Troy.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
12. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
13. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
14. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
15. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
21. Larval salamander of mountain lakes of Mexico that usually lives without metamorphosing.
23. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
24. Turn pale, as if in fear.
26. A decree that prohibits something.
27. The sound made by corvine birds.
28. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
30. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
34. A persistent but subordinate motif.
35. Type genus of the family Pholadidae.
36. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
38. Wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi.
39. One who reveals confidential information in return for money.
40. Having few if any teeth.
42. The weight of a liter of hydrogen (at 0 Centigrade and 760 millimeters pressure).
43. A group of mostly extinct primitive bony fishes characterized by armor-like bony scales.
44. Device that has a sheet perforated with printing through which ink or paint can pass to create a printed pattern.
48. Someone who is tested (as by an intelligence test or an academic examination).
52. A person who invites guests to a social event (such as a party in his or her own home) and who is responsible for them while they are there.
57. The French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec.
59. A range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline).
61. Of or relating to a spectrum.
65. Deep purplish red n 1.
66. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
69. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
71. A soft silvery metallic element.
72. Valuable timber tree of New Zealand yielding hard reddish wood used for furniture and bridges and wharves.
75. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
76. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
79. A person who handles or caresses in a clumsy or over-familiar manner.
81. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
82. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
83. A pilgrim who journeys to Mecca.
84. English essayist (1775-1834).
85. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
91. An honorary degree in science.