1. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
4. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
9. Goddess of fate.
13. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
16. Any high mountain.
17. A petty officer on a merchant ship who controls the work of other seamen.
18. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
19. An audiotape recording of sound.
20. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
22. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
24. A state in north central United States.
25. Fallow deer.
26. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
28. Wet from being plunged into liquid.
30. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
31. Coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude.
33. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
34. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
36. Conforming to truth.
38. An important god.
39. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
41. Chief port of Yemen.
45. Strike sharply.
47. A port city in western Turkey.
49. A nonmetallic element belonging to the halogens.
50. A nonmetallic element belonging to the halogens.
51. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
53. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
54. Type genus of the Anatidae.
55. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
57. A doctor's degree in religion.
58. A member of a European people who occupied Britain and Spain and Gaul in pre-Roman times.
59. Measure of the US economy adopted in 1991.
61. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
64. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
66. The fatty flesh of eel.
67. Produce ankylosis by surgery.
69. Highly excited.
71. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
72. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
73. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
75. A public promotion of some product or service.
77. Informal terms for a mother.
81. An engineering university in Cambridge.
82. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
84. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
86. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
89. A light touch or stroke.
91. Censure severely or angrily.
94. A port city in southwestern Iran.
97. A powerful operating system developed at the Bell Telephone Laboratories.
98. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
99. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
101. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
102. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
103. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
104. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
105. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
106. The capital and largest city of Norway.
1. Danish philologist whose work on Old Norse pioneered in the field of comparative linguistics (1787-1832).
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
4. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
5. Outstanding United States tennis player (born in 1952).
6. The act of using.
7. The third day of the week.
8. (prefix) Within.
9. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
10. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
11. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
12. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. God of love and erotic desire.
15. A state in the western United States.
21. Greek poet who is said to have originated Greek tragedy (sixth century BC).
23. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
27. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
29. Lean end of the neck.
32. The type genus of the family Nymphaeaceae.
35. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
37. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living between Lake Chaplain and the Saint Lawrence River.
40. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
42. Informal terms for money.
43. Closed in or surrounded or included within.
44. The state of being neat and smart and trim.
46. Device that enables something to be used in a way different from that for which it was intended or makes different pieces of apparatus compatible.
48. Of or relating to the kidneys.
52. Having few if any teeth.
56. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
60. Half the width of an em.
62. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
63. Minor or subordinate.
65. A lizard of the family Agamidae.
68. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
70. Extremely evil or cruel.
71. The act of using.
74. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
76. An informal term for a father.
78. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
79. Outstanding Italian operatic tenor (1873-1921).
80. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
83. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
85. Make less active or intense.
87. Very dark black.
88. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
90. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
92. Unstratified soil deposited by a glacier.
93. A collection of things (goods or works of art etc.) for public display.
95. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
96. A castrated tomcat.
100. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.