1. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. Pretentious or silly talk or writing.
9. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
13. Not reflecting light.
16. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. British slang.
18. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. Used in former classifications to include all ratite bird orders.
22. Cause to start burning.
24. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
25. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
26. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ghana or its people or language.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
34. An upward movement or trend as in business activity.
39. Indicating the most important performer or role.
42. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
46. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
47. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
50. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
53. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. Small genus of Asian trees or shrubs.
58. A state of agitated irritation.
60. Being of the age 13 through 19.
61. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
62. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
64. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
65. Being nine more than ninety.
67. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
70. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
73. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
75. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
76. Half the width of an em.
79. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
84. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
88. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
90. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. A district in southwestern Manhattan noted for its shops and restaurants and galleries and artist's lofts.
94. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
96. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
97. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
98. A coil of rope or wool or yarn.
99. An informal term for a father.
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
101. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
1. The basic unit of money on Malta.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
4. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
5. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
6. An endorsement.
7. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
8. A cut of meat taken from the side and back of an animal between the ribs and the rump.
9. Wildly disordered.
10. An elaborate song for solo voice.
11. A short sleep (usually not in bed).
12. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
13. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
14. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
15. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
21. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
23. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. Daughter of Nehru who served as Prime Minister of India from 1966 to 1977 (1917-1984).
30. A member of a Dravidian people living in Pakistan.
33. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
35. Preceding all others in time.
36. The distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound).
37. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
38. A light soft mineral consisting of hydrated sodium borate in crystalline form.
40. German states who as chancellor of West Germany worked to reduce tensions with eastern Europe (1913-1992).
41. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
43. A state in midwestern United States.
44. A bowl-shaped drinking vessel.
45. Arranged or displayed systematically in table form.
48. (law) The seat for judges in a courtroom.
49. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
51. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
52. The cry made by sheep.
54. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
57. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
59. A Bantu language spoken in Cameroon.
63. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
66. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
68. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
69. Tall fan palm of Africa and India and Malaysia yielding a hard wood and sweet sap that is a source of palm wine and sugar.
71. United States architect (born in England) (1802-1878).
72. A doctor's degree in religion.
74. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
78. City in Sudan.
80. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
81. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
82. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
83. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
85. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
86. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
87. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
89. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
91. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. A public promotion of some product or service.