1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. Jordan's port.
9. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
13. The sign language used in the United States.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A mechanical device used for dicing food.
18. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
21. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
22. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
23. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
24. The sensation caused by heat energy.
28. Common Indian weaverbird.
29. Used especially in treating bruises.
31. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
35. (Irish) God of love and beauty.
39. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
41. Of or relating to or caused by amnesia.
47. Informal abbreviation of `gentleman'.
48. Italian film actress (born in 1934).
50. A duct that provides ventilation as in mines.
51. Vacuum flask that holds liquid air or helium for scientific experiments.
52. (prefix) Within.
53. The conversion of waste land into land suitable for use of habitation or cultivation.
54. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
55. A rapid bustling commotion.
56. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
58. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
60. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
61. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
63. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
64. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
66. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
67. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
69. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
70. A Mid-Atlantic state.
71. A narrow way or road.
72. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
75. Affect with wonder.
78. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
80. A member of the Finno-Ugric-speaking people living in eastern European Russia.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
86. Threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments.
90. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
91. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
93. Large (to 3 feet) blackish yellow-banded South American lizard.
94. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
96. A native or inhabitant of Scotland.
98. (British) Sleep.
99. The residue that remains when something is burned.
100. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
101. Productive work (especially physical work done for wages).
102. How long something has existed.
1. An imperfection in a device or machine.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. Sour or bitter in taste.
4. One of 7 to 12 sons of Aditi.
5. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
6. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
7. Of a light grayish-brown color n.
8. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
9. Make a vibrant noise, of grasshoppers or cicadas.
10. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
11. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
12. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
25. Austrian composer (1860-1911).
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living between Lake Chaplain and the Saint Lawrence River.
34. Suggestive of youth.
36. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
37. Being without physical aid.
38. One section of a lyric poem or choral ode in classical Greek drama.
40. Brownish Old World bunting often eaten as a delicacy.
42. The month following February and preceding April.
43. United States Protestant theologian (1892-1971).
44. Feeling self-importance.
45. Tastelessly showy.
46. The eighth month of the civil year.
49. A quantity of no importance.
57. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
59. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
62. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
65. An abbreviation for `hazardous material' used on warning signs.
68. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
73. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
74. Constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic.
76. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
77. A copper-nickel alloy with high electrical resistance and a low temperature coefficient.
78. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
79. A combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances.
80. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
81. Re-equip a factory or plant.
82. Having a dusky brownish gray color.
84. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
85. A vigorous blow.
87. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
88. A state in New England.
89. Beyond what is natural.
92. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
95. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
96. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
97. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.