1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. All the animal life in a particular region.
9. Flat tableland with steep edges.
13. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
16. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
17. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
20. A boy or man.
21. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
22. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
23. The basic unit of money in Romania.
24. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
26. Having or showing profound knowledge.
29. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
30. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
31. Cut off the testicles.
32. Any plant of the genus Erica.
36. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
39. The basic unit of money in Russia.
45. Before noon.
46. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
47. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
48. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
51. Indian physicist who with Albert Einstein proposed statistical laws based on the indistinguishability of particles.
52. Submerged freshwater perennials.
54. Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia.
55. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
56. A regulator for controlling the flow of a liquid from a reservoir.
57. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
58. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. A form of address for a man.
63. Half the width of an em.
65. A sloping mass of rocks at the base of a cliff.
67. On or toward the lee.
70. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
71. A fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes.
73. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
75. Uttered in a monotonous cadence or rhythm as in chanting.
81. The status of being acknowledged as a star.
84. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
86. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
87. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
88. A member of the Uniat Church.
91. Type genus of the Anatidae.
93. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
94. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
95. Follower of Rastafarianism.
96. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
97. (British) Informal term for information.
98. The cry made by sheep.
99. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
100. A city in northwestern Syria.
101. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. A single splash.
2. God of wealth and love.
3. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
4. European weed naturalized in southwestern United States and Mexico having reddish decumbent stems with small fernlike leaves and small deep reddish-lavender flowers followed by slender fruits that stick straight up.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
7. (superlative of `near' or `nigh') Most near.
8. Declare invalid.
9. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
10. Selected as the best.
11. Bourbon with bitters and Pernod and sugar served with lemon peel.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
14. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
15. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
25. Any of several low-growing Australian eucalypts.
27. A doctor's degree in religion.
28. The French-speaking part of the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
33. Being nine more than ninety.
34. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
35. More of the same adv.
37. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
38. Any of a group of proteins found in saliva and pancreatic juice and parts of plants.
40. Extravasation of urine into the scrotal sac.
41. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
42. (of exocrine glands) Producing a secretion in which part of the secreting cell is released with the secretion.
43. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
44. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
49. Set down in writing in any of various ways.
50. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
53. Mentally sluggish.
60. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
61. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
64. A Mid-Atlantic state.
66. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
68. Spray very finely.
69. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
72. Put up with something or somebody unpleasant.
73. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
74. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
75. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
76. Employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words.
77. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
78. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
79. (baseball) A hit that flies straight out from the batter.
80. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
82. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
83. Largest known toad species.
85. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
86. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
89. A unit of pressure.
90. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
92. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.