1. Infectious disease caused by a species of chlamydia bacterium.
4. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
8. The capital of Western Samoa.
12. A mass of small bubbles formed in or on a liquid.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
18. An ancient Iranian language.
19. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
20. A traditional Moslem headdress consisting of a long scarf wrapped around the head.
22. An edible tuber native to South America.
24. The capital of Switzerland.
25. (formal) A person who announces important news.
26. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
27. Of or relating to the Iberian peninsula or its inhabitants.
29. Of a leaf shape.
30. A parenteral cephalosporin (trade name Cefobid) used for severe infections.
32. A humorous anecdote or remark.
34. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
35. Very sophisticated especially because of surfeit.
38. Take to be the case or to be true.
43. An associate degree in nursing.
44. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
49. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
50. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
52. Razor clams.
55. Jordan's port.
57. Altered from an originally straight condition.
58. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
61. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
62. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
63. Affect with wonder.
66. A state in northwestern North America.
67. Cause annoyance in.
68. A verse line with a dactyl followed by a spondee or trochee.
70. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
72. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
74. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
75. The content of cognition.
77. God of death.
79. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
81. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
84. Of or relating to abasia (inability to walk).
86. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
90. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
93. An implement used in the practice of a vocation.
95. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
98. A small island.
99. On or toward the lee.
100. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
101. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
102. Give over.
103. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Machine tool for shaping metal or wood.
2. A thin porridge of usually oatmeal or cornmeal.
3. Roman scholar (116-27 BC).
4. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
5. A piece of soft material that protects an injured part of the body v 1.
6. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
7. A mistake resulting from inattention.
8. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
9. Seed of a pea plant.
10. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
11. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
12. A very slender natural or synthetic fiber.
13. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
14. A city in northern India.
15. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
21. The capital and largest city of the Central Africa Republic.
23. A Russian river.
28. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
31. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
33. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
36. A mountain peak in south central Sri Lanka (7,360 feet high).
37. Eruption on a mucous membrane (as the inside of the mouth) occurring as a symptom of a disease.
39. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
40. A hard green Swiss cheese made with skim-milk curd and flavored with clover.
41. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
42. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
45. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
46. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
47. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
48. Of or relating to the spinal cord.
51. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
53. Humorously sarcastic or mocking.
54. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
56. The cry made by sheep.
59. Any competition.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
64. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
65. Capable of resuming original shape after stretching or compression.
66. Seed of a pea plant.
69. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
71. Having a melody (as distinguished from recitative).
73. A decree that prohibits something.
76. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
78. (archaic) Of persons.
80. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
82. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
83. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
85. South African term for `boss'.
87. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
88. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
89. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
91. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
92. Used of a single unit or thing.
94. Towards the side away from the wind.