1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
9. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
13. Standard temperature and pressure.
16. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
17. (Assyrian) Chief god of the Assyrians.
18. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
19. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
20. The academic world.
22. Do something to an excessive degree.
24. Minor or subordinate.
25. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
26. Related to or characteristic of or written in Amharic.
29. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
31. Belonging to some prior time.
32. Of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people.
34. English writer (born in Ireland) (1713-1766).
36. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
38. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
39. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
43. Acclaimed actress of stage and screen (born in 1900).
44. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
47. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
49. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
51. Showing or feeling mirth or pleasure or happiness.
52. Used at the dining table.
54. Capital of the state of Montana.
56. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
57. Genus of tropical American epiphytic orchids having striking axillary racemes of yellow to green spiderlike flowers with long slender sepals and warty lips.
59. Used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son.
60. Range of what one can know or understand.
61. The basic unit of money in Albania.
62. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
63. A genus of Mustelidae.
65. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
67. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
70. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
72. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
73. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
80. A woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chine.
85. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
89. A cry or shout of approval.
90. A faint constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cassiopeia and the Pole Star.
91. Involving the entire earth.
94. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
95. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
96. The highest level or degree attainable.
98. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
99. (British) Your grandmother.
100. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
101. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
102. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
104. Before noon.
1. A major god.
2. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
3. (criminal law) A pleading describing some wrong or offense.
4. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
5. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
6. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
7. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
8. United States physician who specialized in diseases of the intestines.
9. South American cavy.
10. Little known Kamarupan languages.
11. Characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation.
12. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
13. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
14. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
15. Clean with one's bill, of birds.
21. The quality possessed by something with a great price or value.
23. British informal term.
27. Informal terms for money.
28. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
30. Strict conformity to the letter of the law rather than its spirit.
33. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
35. Gradually narrowed toward a point.
37. A deciduous tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in the southeastern United States.
40. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
41. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
42. A large square-rigged sailing ship with three or more masts.
44. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
45. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
46. Tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade).
48. Limbless scaly elongate reptile.
50. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
53. Of southern Europe.
55. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
58. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
64. Restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal.
66. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
67. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
68. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
69. Small genus of evergreen tropical shrubs or trees with smooth leathery leaves.
71. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
74. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
76. The short weak cry of a young bird.
77. United States film maker (1897-1991).
79. Spiritual being attendant upon God.
81. A medium to dark brownish yellow color.
82. A reddish brown dye used especially on hair.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. A particular environment or walk of life.
86. Two items of the same kind.
87. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
88. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
92. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
93. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
97. Informal terms for a mother.