1. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
5. Small genus of tropical American trees and shrubs with pinnate leaves and flat straight pods.
13. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
17. A large quantity of written matter.
18. Characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is.
19. A set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together.
20. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
21. One of the contractile organs of the body.
22. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
23. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
24. Taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct plants.
27. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings.
29. (of tempo) Moderate.
31. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
34. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
36. In bed.
37. Toward the mouth or oral region.
40. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
47. Very small northern fish.
50. The basic unit of money in Sierra Leone.
53. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
54. Something causes misery or death.
57. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
58. Of or relating to or characteristic of Angola or its people.
60. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
61. (prefix) Within.
62. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
64. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
68. Overly eager speed (and possible carelessness).
71. A fibrous amphibole.
73. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
75. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
78. The cry made by sheep.
79. Similar to the striped mullet and takes its place in the Caribbean region.
80. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
83. A sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together.
87. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
90. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
91. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
93. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
94. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
95. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
98. A human limb.
99. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
100. A deity or nymph of the woods.
101. A French abbot.
102. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
2. Type genus of the Nepidae.
3. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
4. A green transparent form of beryl.
5. Italian painter and son of Fra Filippo Lippi (1457-1504).
6. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
7. Of or relating to the African republic of Somalia or its people or their language and culture.
8. Fill beyond capacity.
9. A database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics).
10. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
11. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
12. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
13. Regional and archaic.
14. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
15. A target used in archery.
16. An expression of greeting.
25. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A city on the Loire river in north central France.
33. A town in central Belgium.
35. A city and port in northern Jutland.
38. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
39. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
42. Internal organs collectively (especially those in the abdominal cavity).
44. A town in southern Minnesota.
45. A town in Arizona on the Mexican border opposite Nogales, Mexico.
48. Sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat) section or component of something.
49. An advocate of Maoism.
51. North American water snakes.
52. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
55. Half the width of an em.
56. Of or relating to or functioning as a phrase.
59. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
63. A family of trees and shrubs of the order Parietales.
65. Before noon.
66. Primitive eellike freshwater or anadromous cyclostome having round sucking mouth with a rasping tongue.
67. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
69. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
70. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
72. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
74. A long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods).
75. Unknown god.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. (informal) Of the highest quality.
81. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
82. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
84. By bad luck.
85. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
88. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
89. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
92. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
96. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
97. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.