1. How long something has existed.
4. (British slang) Cafe.
8. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
12. An opening remark intended to secure an advantage for the speaker.
16. An informal term for a father.
17. Little known Kamarupan languages.
18. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
19. A slow pace of running.
20. By bad luck.
22. A person who lives and works on land.
25. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
26. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
27. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
28. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
30. Being nine more than forty.
31. A river in western Europe that rises in northern France and flows generally east into Belgium where it joins the Neuse at Namur.
32. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
35. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
37. A bottomless gulf or pit.
41. A garment that covers the head and face.
43. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
46. Omnivorous mammal of Central and South America.
47. An official at a baseball game.
51. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
52. Cut off from a whole.
53. A Russian river.
54. Free of extraneous elements of any kind.
55. Softened by the addition of cushions or padding.
58. Unable to move or resist motion.
62. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
63. An informal term for a father.
64. Or or relating to or caused by tides.
65. An Old World plant of the genus Scilla having narrow basal leaves and pink or blue or white racemose flowers.
66. Any of various usually white herons having long plumes during breeding season.
67. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
68. A state in midwestern United States.
70. An imaginary line connecting points on the Earth's surface where the magnetic declination is the same.
72. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
74. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
76. A slipper that has no fitting around the heel.
77. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
78. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
81. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
84. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
88. Squash bugs.
89. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
90. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
91. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
93. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
96. Botfly larva.
97. European shad.
98. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
100. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
101. Used of a single unit or thing.
102. Having a tone of a reed instrument.
103. An informal term for a father.
104. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
105. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
1. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
2. Offering fun and gaiety.
3. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
4. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
5. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
6. Easily broken or damaged or destroyed.
7. The temporal end.
8. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
9. Jordan's port.
10. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
11. Half the width of an em.
12. An innocuous or inert medication.
13. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. The capital and largest city of Japan.
21. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
23. A doctor's degree in religion.
24. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
29. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
33. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
34. Having abnormal sagging of the spine (especially in horses).
36. Suffering from abulia.
38. A unit of length equal to 3 feet.
39. Become steeper.
40. Assign the wrong date to.
42. A young woman making her debut into society.
44. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
45. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
48. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
49. With rapid movements.
50. A person forced to flee from home or country.
56. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
57. A comic verse of irregular measure.
59. A motley assortment of things.
60. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
61. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
67. Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses.
69. Swedish chemist (born in Germany) who discovered oxygen before Priestley did (1742-1786).
70. Easily broken or damaged or destroyed.
71. Slightly sour to the taste.
73. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
75. Try to manage without help.
79. Loss of the ability to move a body part.
80. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. Jordan's port.
85. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
86. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
87. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
88. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
92. A resource.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
95. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
99. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.