1. An enclosed space.
4. Lower in esteem.
9. Antibiotic-resistant mycoplasma causing a kind of pneumonia in humans.
13. Not reflecting light.
16. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
17. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
18. English essayist (1775-1834).
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. Lack of sophistication or worldliness.
22. Someone who puts text into appropriate form for publication.
23. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
24. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
25. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
27. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
29. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
32. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
34. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
36. A recognizable kind.
37. A black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink.
41. (19th century) A man's high tasseled boot.
46. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
47. Someone who drives racing cars at high speeds.
50. United States baseball player (born 1925).
51. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
52. Genus of hardy perennials with palmately lobed leaves and long racemes of small nodding five-petaled flowers.
54. Eurasian rose with prickly stems and fragrant leaves and bright pink flowers followed by scarlet hips.
55. (Babylonian) The sky god.
57. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
59. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
60. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
62. Member of a Jewish sect that observes a form of strict Orthodox Judaism.
63. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
64. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
65. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
67. A slight amount or degree of difference.
69. A small island.
70. Of or relating to or characteristic of Cuba or the people of Cuba.
74. A state in New England.
77. God of fire.
80. The largest city of China.
82. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
86. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
88. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
89. Tree of the genus Catalpa with large leaves and white flowers followed by long slender pods.
90. Any high mountain.
91. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
93. Similar or related in quality or character.
95. The third day of the week.
96. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
97. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
98. An informal term for a father.
99. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. Most important element.
4. (informal) Of the highest quality.
5. Genus of East Indian trees or shrubs.
6. In bed.
7. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
8. A Spanish river.
9. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
10. German physicist whose explanation of blackbody radiation in the context of quantized energy emissions initiated quantum theory (1858-1947).
11. Chinese tree cultivated especially in Philippines and India for its edible fruit.
12. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
21. Painted beauty and red admiral.
26. The site of an archeological exploration.
28. Small genus of cormous perennials of Mexico.
30. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
31. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
33. A withered dryness.
35. Relating to anemia or suffering from anemia.
38. A member of a North American Indian people of the Gila river valley in Arizona.
39. A native or inhabitant of the Ukraine.
40. Small genus of North American herbs having mostly basal leaves and slender racemes of delicate white flowers.
42. A port town on the Atlantic coast of Portugal southeast of Lisbon.
43. An honorary arts degree.
44. Of or relating to or characteristic of Wales or its people or their language.
45. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
48. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
49. Of or relating to Fabianism.
53. A mountain range in northern Kashmir.
56. Fill with high spirits.
58. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
61. A deficiency of red blood cells.
66. A republic in northwestern South America.
67. A Spanish river.
68. Dragonflies and damselflies.
69. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
72. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
73. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
75. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
76. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
78. A strong wind moving 45-90 knots.
79. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
81. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
83. The twelfth month of the civil year.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
87. A metric unit of length equal to ten meters.
92. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
94. Unknown god.